Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6mm or 8mm hose reel

CMcB

Hi guys, looking at getting a van mount in the near future. Currently using a backpack and barrels. Is there any working difference between 6mm and 8mm reel hose, if there is which do you recommend? I've never used either

If this has been covered can you send a link to the thread. Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys, looking at getting a van mount in the near future. Currently using a backpack and barrels. Is there any working difference between 6mm and 8mm reel hose, if there is which do you recommend? I've never used either

If this has been covered can you send a link to the thread. Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I used to use 8mm many moons ago. Switched to microbore (6mm) and will never go back.

The simple reason for me I the 6mm is much easier to handle imo, so makes reeling in and out a doddle ?

6mm is lighter and easier to pull around properties and easier to reel in we wouldn’t use anything else now 

When I use hot water or the weather is hot, my microbore never kinks.

The poxy pole hose does occasionally though.

Still waiting for a company to make a breakthrough with a non kinking, lightweight pole hose.

Tried them all!
exceed is the best ive used

6mm saves a lot more water to imo

Circuit hydraulics ltd sell very good 8mm and 6mm hiviz hose. Used it for over a year now and still going very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had used Gardiners 6mm hose for years now, But decided a change was in order so got some Super Tuff Hose I have been using it for almost 4 weeks now and it feels  a lot lighter than the Gardiners so I can notice the difference when reeling in. 

I had used Gardiners 6mm hose for years now, But decided a change was in order so got some Super Tuff Hose I have been using it for almost 4 weeks now and it feels  a lot lighter than the Gardiners so I can notice the difference when reeling in. 
my m8 has just ordered this cheep as well the only thing i dont like is its blue i do like to use yellow

does blue make a difference when it comes to H.S  on a public area or is it a case of as long as u have cones out your ok? 

does blue make a difference when it comes to H.S  on a public area or is it a case of as long as u have cones out your ok? 
No idea @tench0771 if someone was to trip on it and state the hose wasn't visible it would be hard for them to argue as bright blue hose against black or faded grey tarmac is very visible as visible as as yellow 

sorry to high jack the fred but whats the best hose for hot water ?

We use normal yellow gardiners microbore but ime thinking of trying Grippatank 6 mm hot hose as I believe it’s the same weight as normal microbore 

I can definitely recommend the GrippaTank hot water hose. Not sure whether it’s heavier or lighter than others, but it certainly seems robust. I have been using it for a while now with no problems at all. I run mine across roads with cars and fully loaded lorries going over it and still going strong. It doesn’t twist, kink or get tangled that easily either. 

Had a 6mm , got a 8mm , it was a nightmare to drag around , switched back to 6mm and really apreciate it now , easy handling . 

I hope so. I've always had 8mm and have just had a roll of 6mm delivered yesterday. Will try to fit it onto my hose reel sometime in the school's empty car park.

Back