Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
CMcB

6mm or 8mm hose reel

RhysEvans88

Circuit hydraulics ltd sell very good 8mm and 6mm hiviz hose. Used it for over a year now and still going very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

tench0771

sorry to high jack the fred but whats the best hose for hot water ?

Iron Giant

I had used Gardiners 6mm hose for years now, But decided a change was in order so got some Super Tuff Hose I have been using it for almost 4 weeks now and it feels  a lot lighter than the Gardiners so I can notice the difference when reeling in. 

tench0771
8 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I had used Gardiners 6mm hose for years now, But decided a change was in order so got some Super Tuff Hose I have been using it for almost 4 weeks now and it feels  a lot lighter than the Gardiners so I can notice the difference when reeling in. 

my m8 has just ordered this cheep as well the only thing i dont like is its blue i do like to use yellow

Iron Giant
2 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

my m8 has just ordered this cheep as well the only thing i dont like is its blue i do like to use yellow

The blue is just as visible as the yellow, you could always try this Pink Hose 😁

tench0771

does blue make a difference when it comes to H.S  on a public area or is it a case of as long as u have cones out your ok? 

Iron Giant
11 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

does blue make a difference when it comes to H.S  on a public area or is it a case of as long as u have cones out your ok? 

No idea @tench0771 if someone was to trip on it and state the hose wasn't visible it would be hard for them to argue as bright blue hose against black or faded grey tarmac is very visible as visible as as yellow 

Pjj
9 hours ago, tench0771 said:

We use normal yellow gardiners microbore but ime thinking of trying Grippatank 6 mm hot hose as I believe it’s the same weight as normal microbore 

Lennie
9 hours ago, tench0771 said:

52 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We use normal yellow gardiners microbore but ime thinking of trying Grippatank 6 mm hot hose as I believe it’s the same weight as normal microbore 

I can definitely recommend the GrippaTank hot water hose. Not sure whether it’s heavier or lighter than others, but it certainly seems robust. I have been using it for a while now with no problems at all. I run mine across roads with cars and fully loaded lorries going over it and still going strong. It doesn’t twist, kink or get tangled that easily either. 

David K

Had a 6mm , got a 8mm , it was a nightmare to drag around , switched back to 6mm and really apreciate it now , easy handling .