Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
dan2016

Winter prep

dan2016
You can also install a hot water diesel system. The one I am looking at has automatic frost protection and work like a Webasto heater.

Where are you getting yours from?

Regards
You can also install a hot water diesel system. The one I am looking at has automatic frost protection and work like a Webasto heater.

Where are you getting yours from?

Regards

Teaboy

We’ve had multiple vans for years we take a hose reel indoors if it’s too bad along with w pole I’ve only ever heard of a tank freezing once and that was the top I’ve never heard of a pump freezing

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Incheck

I just take my hoses indoors, 25L barrels stay on the van. Can’t really be bothered taking them off every time i “think” it’s going to freeze. If they’re outside and it’s that cold they’ll split anyway so there’s no saving them unless in a heated garage. Never had one split so far.I pray & hope for the best. I only fill them up to 20L so they are easier to lift, in the winter this helps as there is room for expansion when it freezes rather than the barrel cracking

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iron Giant

Just to make lads aware for now I have hidden posts regarding the heated system due to a supplier advertising products without permission until it has being reviewed. 

spruce
Posted (edited)

In the past there have been window cleaners who installed Propex hs2000 warm air gas heaters in their van.

Its the gas cylinder regulator leaking gas that would put me off. But I would consider it if I installed a proper vapour tank with an external gas filler.

http://www.autogasleisure.co.uk/

Edited by spruce