Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash start up costs.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gardiners backpack & lance around £125. Hypo, 25litre drum less than a tenner at Bonnymanns in Beith. Fairy liquid or surfactant less than a fiver. A deck scrubbing brush or a hand scrubbing brush for the black lichen, less than a tenner. Doesn't cost much to get started, I did a big patio today with a massive path. Hypo on it for 45mins then PW it off. Still black lichen so I scrubbed pure hypo on them. After a while the black lichen changes color to white and its easy to come off, took a few photos of the transformation.

indy 1.jpg

indy2.jpg

Gardiners backpack & lance around £125. Hypo, 25litre drum less than a tenner at Bonnymanns in Beith. Fairy liquid or surfactant less than a fiver. A deck scrubbing brush or a hand scrubbing brush for the black lichen, less than a tenner. Doesn't cost much to get started, I did a big patio today with a massive path. Hypo on it for 45mins then PW it off. Still black lichen so I scrubbed pure hypo on them. After a while the black lichen changes color to white and its easy to come off, took a few photos of the transformation.
View attachment 14566
View attachment 14567
I already have a backpack I use for windows would that be OK or should I get a new one? Where is the best place to get a lance from or is it a normal pressure washing one? Thanks Ash

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I half two backpacks from Gardiners, one for water and another for softwashing. After I have used the sofwashing backpack and lance then I rinse it out or the seals will break. Buy a backpack & lance from Gardiners with ezy snap female connection on backpack and male ezy snap on the lance. £125 in total.

Back