Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme brush problem

Jimbo

In my opinion, the best all round brush on the market is gardiner extreme. The big problem with this as you will all probably know is the annoying risk of scratching sills with the brush stock, even with the white bumper on I still never liked the drag on the sills. I decided to solve the problem myself with nothing good on the market, so just cut off a length of old applicator and glued it to the edge of the bumper. Been using it for a day now and it does the job brilliantly. If anyone at Gardiner wants to work on the idea please do, it hardly adds any weight to the brush so don't have to use heavier sill brushes. IMG_20180816_113130.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I tried a similar thing with Velcro, I stapled it to the brush stock. It also doubled up as a handy scraper by using the edge of the brush on the glass for hard/stubborn stains. I was too worried about picking up debris from the brickwork and scratching the sills in the end. I just wrap a few layers of white electrical tape around them now - or just use the Gardiner bumpers for as long as they last when I get a new brush.

I love these brushes and I must admit I've never had a problem.

With upstairs sills, I raise the end of the pole so only the brush is in contact with the sill, not the stock.

On first cleans I will change the angle of the brush so it faces downwards, give them a good scrub.

Downstairs sills are never a problem.

Nice idea though.

I would be worried about catching grit in the cloth!

Am I right in thinking that Gardiners are bringing out a lightweight sill brush?

if I remember this was kinda covered on another forum many years ago,the thought then was to glue strips of carpet to the brush as the soak up and weight would be minimal plus the scrubbing power on cills and maybe insect poo would be superior to what was available then,and even now,even an old mop was tie wrapped onto the back of a brush for scrubbing-that worked on the wagtail idea before that came to light,both perfectly sound ideasĀ 

I love these brushes and I must admit I've never had a problem.
With upstairs sills, I raise the end of the pole so only the brush is in contact with the sill, not the stock.
On first cleans I will change the angle of the brush so it faces downwards, give them a good scrub.
Downstairs sills are never a problem.
Nice idea though.
I would be worried about catching grit in the cloth!
Ā 
Am I right in thinking that Gardiners are bringing out a lightweight sill brush?
Ā 
Never had an issue with grit on applicator cloth in all my years tradding, so can't see it being a problem on a brush.

Latest Posts

Back