Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water - does it go off?

Mattttt

I'm still part-time as a window cleaner ... if I have some pure water left over in my tank, can it sit there for a month and still be good to use? Does sunlight have any effect? I'm not sure if it would go a little green in the light. Thanks!

Sunlight can have a effect but just drain some water into a glass and check the tds but it shouldn't dramatically increase 

Thanks guys! I have to drive 20 minutes to fill it up from the guy I buy from so I take more then necessary to avoid running out but I'm still building my round so it can be 3 weeks between needing to use it again.  Im doing well on the door knocking so should have a full time gig in a matter of weeks!

Im doing well on the door knocking so should have a full time gig in a matter of weeks!
Fair play lad!! ?? just starting up myself,haven't had the balls to go door knocking yet but that's the next step for me.what I did was put a simple"do you need a window cleaner" add on Facebook and promoted it for a couple of weeks there.managed to get quite a few jobs from it.now I need to get some pics off my add-ons and I can promote them all in one.you should give it a try.for all it costs to promote the post per week,even if you manage to get a few from it it still adds up into the £££'s over the year!!

Good luck!

I would not 100% risk it as there is a small risk of legionnaires if stored for a long time. The risk is small but not worth it.

I would not 100% risk it as there is a small risk of legionnaires if stored for a long time. The risk is small but not worth it.
I was speaking to a customer about this as I’m looking into rainwater harvesting myself and he said something about shower heads as well. I doubt it would be a problem in a water butt as it will constantly be being used and replenished. If that was the case then it would be the same as the tank in your van.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My grandad died of legionnaires, they reckoned it came from some water pipes or a shower in a hotel when he was on holiday in Italy.

Not a nice way to go either, it slowly shuts down your organs. I think it caused him to have kidney and respiratory failure .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back