Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAN MOUNT which delivery system only

ppads52

hi all, been working out the back of a trailer, backpacks and barrels. ive now got a van and am interested as to which system i should purchase (delivery only) are they all the same? been quoted just short of 3k for a 250 litre tank , 1 man set up, split relay etc, fitted etc etc. i have no diy skills to speak of

You need to tell us what van you have.

I honestly believe 250 liters isn't big enough for a single operator. You will see a lot of them on Ebay for sale for that reason.

250’s no were near big enough for one operator to work a full day. Maybe if you was 50/50 trad and wfp. Thing is you will soon be doin a lot more pole work than trad and the hassle of changing tanks will be a lot more than payin a little extra now for a slightly bigger tank.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You need to tell us what van you have.

I honestly believe 250 liters isn't big enough for a single operator. You will see a lot of them on Ebay for sale for that reason.

It’s a ford transit custom crew cab

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appI’ve got a trailer with a 650 litre tank in

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

We’re mostly trad tbh, a squad of four, hence the crew cab. But we’ve a trailer with a 650 litre tank

I’m in the same situation as a couple of years ago, can’t bear to pay one of the lads off

3 grand for a 250 litre deliver only system is stupid can get a full ro  van system for that I picked up a xline 350 litre tank framed  with ro sytem still producing 000 water after 4 months and I paid 350 quid bargain! 

hi all, been working out the back of a trailer, backpacks and barrels. ive now got a van and am interested as to which system i should purchase (delivery only) are they all the same? been quoted just short of 3k for a 250 litre tank , 1 man set up, split relay etc, fitted etc etc. i have no diy skills to speak of
Firstly someone is trying to take your eyes out and come back for the sockets, The best option if you are going to be working on your own then a 350ltr tank will serve you well and the rest of bits and pieces are all very easy to fit. If you are wanting the tank bolted in you could ask your local garage if this is something they could do then just buy a 350ltr tank and frame from http://purefreedom.co.uk they also sell Pump & Controller mounted on a board which could be screwed onto ply-lining in your van and just connect directly to a leisure battery if your aren't doing very many miles a split relay is pointless. 

How much could I save if I was good at diy?

You don't need to be good at DIY mate, it is literally a simple set up. £600ish and you have a basic system with everything you need. Best part is you can fix anything that goes wrong. The problem is for a complete novice there are no videos out there. Every video assumes you have a very small amount of knowledge at least. There's a fair bit of research and piecing the puzzle of what people are saying. I am looking at this from the point of view of someone who built a system with no prior knowledge. I don't see myself as good at DIY but i'm glad I built it myself.

If you are dead set against a DIY system I would suggest this;

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/facelift-compact-425.html

Get a mechanic to bolt it in for you (around £50) add a pole and you're away.

That system from facelift looks Class, never thought they were as cheap to be honest, thanks so much for your input, seriously considering one

That system from facelift looks Class, never thought they were as cheap to be honest, thanks so much for your input, seriously considering one
They do one with a pole too but I prefer the Gardiner poles. I plan to go for van number 2 next year and this will be the system I go for, simply for ease. I don't think I would want it as my only system incase it fails, I like the fact I can fix my system myself.

I got quoted for a 350ltr system earlier this year and it was £1,732 that included a electric reel and rollers in the floor, Really shocked at your quote.

If you don't have a local garage to fit a tank, Gripptank do driveway fitting and will fit a wyedale tank and one of their frames for around £1,200 then you could buy the other components and fit them yourself quite easily.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd steer well clear of that lot mate. For starters he has put net and gross the wrong was round on his estimate... Net should be with Vat I think?? Anyway, he isn't VAT registered. If he was any good he would only need to be installing 3 systems a month to tip the VAT threshold. This all coupled with the fact he is at least a grand more than you can get the system for. I just searched Adepta and their financials are interesting. The company has gone from a net worth of about 30k to a net worth of -10k.... I don't look at that kinda cr@p every time I buy from someone but when someone is so ridiculously priced it makes you wonder if they are desperate or just don't understand pricing in our industry, most probably the latter and these guys ain't making it in bulk so I can understand why. You're much better off picking an experienced company regardless.

Back