Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
ppads52

VAN MOUNT which delivery system only

Iron Giant

Adepta engineering are connected to Purefreedom they do all the fabrication of trolleys etc and fit van systems. 

Cghwindowcleaning
Posted (edited)

Adepta are pure freedom.

They are ok and a professional company but the quote looks terrible.No breakdown of individual items you could be paying £500 for protectakote which you don't need.It needs a breakdown.

They are vat registered the gross price is the plus vat price.

Personally I would go with Grippatank much better product and service.

Edited by Cghwindowcleaning

Dave Shaw

Dunno, never heard of them before. It would be strange for a company connected to a large company like Purefreedom not to be vat registered though wouldn’t it?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

They are not only connected but do all their engineering work for them. I find it hard to believe that they are not registered. Maybe your looking into the wrong company?
I’d say a good portion of that quote will be for fitting which is usually to a high standard.

spruce
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Dave Shaw said:

They are not only connected but do all their engineering work for them. I find it hard to believe that they are not registered. Maybe your looking into the wrong company?
I’d say a good portion of that quote will be for fitting which is usually to a high standard.

The 2 companies are linked together.

What we don't know is what the company's financial accountants are using Adepta for tax wise.

Its not usual for losses to be made in one place and profits made elsewhere. I'm not saying this is the case with Adepta as I don't know. I'm pretty sure the bill @P4dstargot on completion would have been from Purefreedom who are VAT registered. This would be why there's and net and a gross figure which is 20% different in their quotation. There is no reason why Adepta should be VAT registered if their turnover is below the VAT threshold.

Edited by spruce

P4dstar
The 2 companies are linked together.
What we don't know is what the company's financial accountants are using Adepta for tax wise.

Its not usual for losses to be made in one place and profits made elsewhere. I'm not saying this is the case with Adepta as I don't know. I'm pretty sure the bill [mention=5355]P4dstar[/mention]got on completion would have been from Purefreedom who are VAT registered. This would be why there's and net and a gross figure which is 20% different. There is no reason why Adepta should be VAT registered if their turnover is below the VAT threshold.

I’d never heard of them and such a high quote made me want to investigate a little further. They have been around since the 90’s and been limited since 2001. Still, it’s a ridiculous quote with no breakdown of costs.

spruce
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I’d never heard of them and such a high quote made me want to investigate a little further. They have been around since the 90’s and been limited since 2001. Still, it’s a ridiculous quote with no breakdown of costs.

I guess its 'different strokes for different folks.'

I personally wouldn't question the quote as I can see what they are supplying and what they are fitting.

They could have done it differently.

To supply and fit 250 liter delivery only system in our workshops in Grimsby: £2740.92 including VAT.

System includes:

250 liter tank and frame,

Shurflo pump and controller,

heavy duty 110 amp leisure battery,

Split charge relay,

Hose reel and hose,

Van ports

Protectakote of van floor.

There is a video on YouTube of Purefreedom painting the floor of a van with Protectakot. It needs 24 hours between coats and then curing time.

How do you apportion costs of applying Protectakote? PF have fitted systems into several vans here and done a pretty good job. In both cases they suggested Proectakote application was done by the window cleaner so fitting the system would only be a days job.

When i did my Citroen Relay I estimate that it took me about 6 hours of preparation and painting time over Saturday and Sunday. If it takes them 4 hours, then labour is going to cost more than the £70 tin of 4 liter Protectakote. Our local Kwikfit charges labour out at £50 an hour + VAT. If they painted my van floor that would cost me £310 with the Protectakote bought off Ebay from Wintecs. So I think it would be very difficult to itemise a cost such as that on an estimate.

Someone asked Purefreedom to fit a PF tank taken from their old van and swapped over to a new van. He was surprised at a labour cost of around £470 - I can't remember the exact amount. He said that all they did was drill a couple of holes through the van's floor and he felt cheated. Every one else I've heard about has had a very good tank buying experience from Purefreedom and happy with the price charged. 

Whilst Grippa Tank will supply a much better tank than a Wyedale tank Purefreedom supply, the cost of a system from them will be much higher than PF.

Edited by spruce