Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The car is dead, advice on vans & finance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

My works car, after 3 years of abuse has died ? back to tradding for a little bit, walking the round for me! I need a van asap, but the issue is that I've just had to fork out a load of money to get my roof fixed, and that was my van fund! Anyone recommend a finance/lease company that'll do a van with a very small deposit, lowish payments (150pm budget) for someone with a poor credit history. I know it's a near impossible task, so any advice/suggestions would be great! Only looking for a small van, Berlingo/combo size so hopefully it can be done. Thanks in advance lads?

@Part Timer I got my mine from Vanmonster not sure about the poor credit history thing as mine is 5* as I have never had any credit issues had a mortgage over 18 years.   

@Clisty1989     The van buying process from them is really good I found,  I showed interest in a van on a Sunday and did quick finance enquiry they phoned me up the next day at 8.30am to say I had been approved went and did a test drive the same day and they said they could have the sorted for me asap but they kept it at their depot until i was ready to collect it after handing back my leased L200. The deposit you need to put down is the amount of vat that would be payable as the finance company only arrange a loan for the cash price so a £4,000 van needs a £800 deposit 

Last edited by a moderator:
got my mine from Vanmonster not sure about the poor credit history thing as mine is 5* as I have never had any credit issues had a mortgage over 18 years.   
It's just that the finance percentage is higher than I would expect to pay with good credit history. Not saying only people with poor history buy from them just that you would be better off buying outright with a personal loan then paying the rate they charge, something @Clisty1989says he probably can't get. 

It's just that the finance percentage is higher than I would expect to pay with good credit history. Not saying only people with poor history buy from them just that you would be better off buying outright with a personal loan then paying the rate they charge, something [mention=2837]Clisty1989[/mention]says he probably can't get. 
Personal loan is cheaper longterm definitely without a doubt. I decided it was just a more straightforward option for me and to keep the finance on the business rather than on myself if you see what I mean.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not to knock small vans but i would stay away from Citroen fella. Our first van was a berlingo & it was nothing short of a shed on wheels. Series of issues. Engine fell out, alarm starting going off and all the way from rumney - local garage (5 ish miles) we were driving round with the hazard lights flashing and alarm blaring. It was pretty embarrassing. It met a sorry end when the clutch burned out on a main 4 way junction (8 lanes in total) smoke filled the cab and we scrambled out choking our lungs up.

Two of my friends had Citroens as well both were on the drive with clutch issues.

Hope you get it sorted soon Nothing worse than losing your works vehicle [emoji20]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

After a good rummage around the engine, check fuel pump, spark plug, dizzy cap, leads, injectors etc, it looks like the coil packs on it way out, got it sort of working, but you can't get them anymore as cars 20 years old! Found a good deal from hippo leasing, anyone had any dealings with them in the past?

Latest Posts

Back