Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory

Panorama window cleaning

So that's my 1st conservatory clean done - thanks for all the tips etc on my previous post.

This wasnt quite the "after pics as i did a final rinse after these pics. Results were great but a couple of the glass roof panels on 1 side had some sort of hard water stain and some mould between the double glazed panes so there was nothing i could do about that. Called customer and explained and she understood and was still happy with the end result. Anyone ever experienced that on a conservatory roof?

I found the Screwfix degreaser was good, but it didnt blow me away. I followed the instructions on bottle and although it lifted the dirt, it didnt even attempt to restore the UPVC or try lift the grey stains. I think ill have to go for a much more concentrated mixture going forward. 5 capfulls of degreaser in 5l water seems way too weak.

My next big Job is a big freemasons cottage type building that is MINGING...wish me luck !!DEXATI20180828135327.jpegDEXATI20180828135440.jpegDEXATI20180828135734.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

PS i know the no nonsense isnt a UPVC restorer but after watching all the Ubik 2000 videos on YouTube and hearing that no nonsence is practically the same and does same job....i thought it would do a bit better. Oh well, guess i must just keep testing the strengths

De-greaser wont turn greys white dude, only hardcore elbow grease & unger rub out/magic sponges will do that. And thats IF you can get to it by hand.
Sometimes even that doesn’t work. I did a first clean today, pvc was in an appalling state. Even done the hard way it wasn’t really salvageable.

Ignore the instructions on the bottle, use at 10:1 so 500ml in 5l. It won't make it white again if stained  as said above only elbow grease and a magic sponge will do that.

De-greaser wont turn greys white dude, only hardcore elbow grease & unger rub out/magic sponges will do that. And thats IF you can get to it by hand.
Sometimes even that doesn’t work. I did a first clean today, pvc was in an appalling state. Even done the hard way it wasn’t really salvageable.

Yeah i thought so.... there was literally only 3 little grey stains anyway and a bit on the gutters so nothing major. Ive told the lady ill come back friday and do it free of charge as i want to give it a go anyway and wont take me long (will use some of my rub out)

Ignore the instructions on the bottle, use at 10:1 so 500ml in 5l. It won't make it white again if stained  as said above only elbow grease and a magic sponge will do that.
Sweet...where do you guys get your magic sponges? Will a normal kitchen sponge with the green or white scourer work ok?

That’s not so bad then, stick all your pics on some kind of online portfolio thing it goes a long way to bringing in new work [emoji106]

I sure hope so mate, really struggling getting customers as only picking up like 1-2 every 2 weeks and i canvas alot (and is not price, they just all have a cleaner already). The whole Area and areas within 3 miles seem so saturated. I am thinking about a website

I sure hope so mate, really struggling getting customers as only picking up like 1-2 every 2 weeks and i canvas alot (and is not price, they just all have a cleaner already). The whole Area and areas within 3 miles seem so saturated. I am thinking about a website

You’re not alone fella it’s pretty saturated down here. The demand seems to have flattened off slightly as well, it is the end of summer after all. maybe everyone’s spent out on their summer holidays & already panicking about christmas i don’t know ?‍♂️ gotta take the rough with the smooth in this game geezer!

You’re not alone fella it’s pretty saturated down here. The demand seems to have flattened off slightly as well, it is the end of summer after all. maybe everyone’s spent out on their summer holidays & already panicking about christmas i don’t know ?‍♂️ gotta take the rough with the smooth in this game geezer!

Where about In london are you then? Im in Surbiton, whole kingston area sewn up.

Thanks Pal, Didn't even know they sold them there. I ordered some on Amazon and got like 10 for £2.59. Theyll be with me 2morro
emoji123.png
The first time I bought them I paid £2 for 2 in Sainsburys, needed them that day though, poor planning haha. If they don't arrive you know where to get em though. Also, try bar keepers friend instead of or as well as rub out. its £3 a bottle in B&Q.

The first time I bought them I paid £2 for 2 in Sainsburys, needed them that day though, poor planning haha. If they don't arrive you know where to get em though. Also, try bar keepers friend instead of or as well as rub out. its £3 a bottle in B&Q.
Funny you mention that, i saw Keith kalfas going on about barkeepers friend a little while back but wasnt so sure id want to listen to him over peeps on here lol. I have a brand new bottle of rub out so will see how i go. Will try BF next as loads cheaper.

As for measurements of no nonsense degreaser I have been known to use about quarter of a 5l tub on 1 job

Awesome stuff

Add a little squirt of washing up liquid to make it stick to the surface for longer and jobs a good un

It rinses off so easily compared to ubik which has caused problems in the past on 1st cleans etc when a lot has been used

Also a squirt of bleach helps to bring the whites up better

Last edited by a moderator:
T-Cut brings the worst of stains out of any uPVC,if you have any laying about in the garage worth sticking in the van for tough jobs.

Back