Cottonlung

What do you guys listen to

Cottonlung

Was wondering apart from music what else do you one man band workers listen to, to grind the hours away.. any decent suggestions welcome. Thanks 

AGlassAct

I just listen to the radio - you get the odd bit of news then, I got to a stage where I didn’t have a clue about anything that was happening in the world because I listened to playlists all the time!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cottonlung
Just now, AGlassAct said:

I just listen to the radio - you get the odd bit of news then, I got to a stage where I didn’t have a clue about anything that was happening in the world because I listened to playlists all the time!!!

Thats a valid point 🙂

Nudel

I've been listening to woodworking podcasts lately. 

Namely "the dusty life" and "the woodworking podcast".

Great if you're into that stuff.

BigFoot

Enjoying Jordan peaterson podcast atm, also working my way through the Harry Potter collection and am loving it! Radio 2 pop-master every day without fail.

BlueClearChoice

Talk sport. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Cottonlung
9 minutes ago, BlueClearChoice said:

Talk sport. Love it.

You can't beat a bit of Brazil 

chris clean

Sometimes music but normally documentary podcasts. History/crime mostly I find the day flys by when you are listening to stuff

Kenny Q

The birds in the trees, traffic noise, some old dear rabbiting on about her new hip, barking dogs, cats meowing to let them in, lawn mowers, chainsaws, aircraft.....I think I'll dig out my dab radio!

steve garwood

Anyone who doesn’t listen to pop master at half ten each weekday, should be hung! 🤪

TJTOPCAT
Anyone who doesn’t listen to pop master at half ten each weekday, should be hung! 🤪
If I listened to pop master each day, I'd be done for self harming with my scraper blade. [emoji23][emoji23]

steve garwood
26 minutes ago, TJTOPCAT said:

If I listened to pop master each day, I'd be done for self harming with my scraper blade. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It’s awesome if you know your music.

My top personal score is 30. Although I did only get a 9 last week 👀

P4dstar
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Classic Fm 

For real? Radio broken?

I listen to LBC, love a bit of debating and keeps me up with the news. I lose signal when I head into my local town so I switch to heart or Smooth.... Problem is Heart only has one CD.

If you're in need of a bit of inspiration throughout the week Apple music has a good play list called Beast mode, worth a listen on occasion. 

Edited by P4dstar

Suhrly

I don't listen to anything. I'm too paranoid a customer or a new customer will be trying to talk to me/get my attention and I can't hear them. Think I'm gonna start tho cos I think the day will go over quicker. What earphones is everyone using? Would most likely want some wireless ones 

Cottonlung
4 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

I don't listen to anything. I'm too paranoid a customer or a new customer will be trying to talk to me/get my attention and I can't hear them. Think I'm gonna start tho cos I think the day will go over quicker. What earphones is everyone using? Would most likely want some wireless ones 

Wireless Mpow sport headphones off Amazon..  10hours from one charge 

Edited by Cottonlung
Misspelling

P4dstar
1 minute ago, Suhrly said:

Just put one earphone in man, leave the other dangling.

Something like this aint a bad shout...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/skullcandy-chops-flex-headphones-black-10161158-pdt.html?store=2853&&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=xrrriltiqr&istBid=t&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0090 (PLA) HEADPHONES~All Products~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700034909127924&PLA=1&tgtid=0090 (PLA) HEADPHONES&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiJncBRC1ARIsAOvG-a76uedIdQwXs4tora7ySUzi2CqCgMDmobkGsqFFiETS_Xclpsg44IMaAjhzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

3 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Mpow sport headphones off Amazon..  10hours from one charge 

Just checked them out, decent mate. i'm gonna order a pair, worth a go for £15

Cottonlung
Dane
Talk sport. Love it.

Same here, all day

RWCleaning

Yep I’m a big talk sport fan too.  Particularly The Jim white show 10-1.

Also There’s a good podcast from the guardian football hosted by Max Rushden (who is on talksport on Sunday’s) it’s very funny & they do two a week 1hr each, I always chuckle to myself while working listening to it. 

Mr Clean

Kool fm London - love bit old skool ravescene.

Pop master 10:30 complete contrast from kool fm, but listen to radio 2 alot. bit of news and debate, different music forms

Talk sport - but being an Arsenal Fan last season it was off! lol

D/Ls of of radio shows......

One ear in skull candy headphones, not bad sound tbh and can hear whats going on around me too. Never without my mp3, tiny archos one, its old but really good and easy to function. FM signal is perfect.

Iron Giant
8 hours ago, P4dstar said:

For real? Radio broken?

I listen to LBC, love a bit of debating and keeps me up with the news. I lose signal when I head into my local town so I switch to heart or Smooth.... Problem is Heart only has one CD.

If you're in need of a bit of inspiration throughout the week Apple music has a good play list called Beast mode, worth a listen on occasion. 

Yes mate really 😆I listen to it in the van more than any other station and at home, I don't listen to anything whilst working but might be tempted to give it a try 

Big sul

Ok then folks does any 1 know if there's any smart phones out with a FM radio on.
Nokia used to have it on the older phones.
But all new phones don't seem to have that option!!!!
Any one ? Any ideas? [emoji106]

Clisty1989

Spotify on my phone, through the handfree that came with the phone. Build a couple playlists for work depending on mood I'm in. Couple of ads every now and again but better than paying a tenner a month

steve garwood

I love talksport as well, but miss mike parry on the breakfast show, he was a right laugh.

No head/earphones for me unless I’m working on my own and use my I pod. My radio as a built in speaker. Having head/earphones on all day would get on my nerves, and certainly cannot be good for your eardrums 🤔