Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4,6,8 weekly cleans?

AJ Fry

Evening guys,

Just interested on the frequency of cleans that make up most of your rounds. When talking to new customers is the expectation once every 4 weeks or do most people want it done less frequently say 6-8 weekly. Or a complete mix.

I guess the thing to do would be test the water offering them every 4 weekly and go from there?

Evening guys,

Just interested on the frequency of cleans that make up most of your rounds. When talking to new customers is the expectation once every 4 weeks or do most people want it done less frequently say 6-8 weekly. Or a complete mix.

I guess the thing to do would be test the water offering them every 4 weekly and go from there?
We have a set schedule of 6 weeks, for everyone. It is a good idea to stick to one frequency alone, otherwise it could get awfully confusing in many respects. Best to be assertive from the start and get your business working to the schedule YOU want to work to, otherwise you’ll get people picking their own random schedules messing you around all over the place.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Agree with @Incheck. When I first started many moons back I was on 4 weekly and often got comments of ‘blimey, you back already’ or ‘leave them this time they don’t need doing’. 6 weekly is perfect for me, although I’m nearer 7 most of the time.

Please don’t get in a trap of letting the customer dictate, ie, ‘must be done on a Thursday’, or every 6th Monday etc. This will just put unnecessary pressure on yourself.

When you finished the Windows, just a little reminder of ‘see you in roughly 6-7 weeks’ will suffice.

If they require a text the night before because of gate issue, then do so. ?

Most of my round is monthly and 8 weeks. But I have everything from weekly to yearly customers. I do mostly commercial though. New domestic customers i try to make a four times a year deal with, as that suits me best.

Remember it pays better to have a full round of higher paid 8 weeks than a rouns of 4 weeks with a discount.

Once every 4 weeks is standard for me I do have a few jobs on 8 weekly and some on 6 but these 8-6 are easily managed because of their location close to other work, But  I wouldn't take on a 6 weekly job on a estate that i go onto every 4 weeks if it meant driving across town just for one job.

Most of my round is 4 weekly some at 8 weekly other than that I say give me a call or text and will fit you in next time on your road

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

We currently have our schedules at 4x weekly (13 times per year) but we clean our customers windows 12 times per year instead of 13.

From January to December i always have 4 weeks spare to myself to push my schedule forward.... this is the best thing about this business! I used 2 weeks off due to the snow earlier on this year.... and i had a 1 week holiday.... so i now have 1 weeks holiday left until December ?

A few customers do want a 2x weekly clean but we refuse and educate our customers that this is not needed. 4x weekly is the norm

However a few customers do like getting there windows done once every 8 weeks, i do not have a problem with 8x weekly customers and think they are less likely to cancel.

75% of my round is fortnightly customers. However when I'm taking on new customers now I'm only giving them a monthly option unless they really want or need fortnightly cleans. I only have 2 customers on 8 weekly

Mine is 4 weekly with very few 8 weekly . I’m closer to 5 weekly on the 4 weekly and 10 weekly on the 8 weekly

4 and 8 only for me atm but thinking of going every 5 and 10. 

I used to do 4 and 8, now I do 5 and 10,  98% on 5 weekly

It works much better for me,

fewer cancellations/leave it this time

opportunity to take on more work

cheaper for the customer over the year

with cleaning 4 weekly sometimes you can be cleaning them twice in one month, too much imo and some customers said the same. I don’t see any negatives to 5 weekly. 

I thought I better give my thoughts before I get called out for not having any input, as is the topic in another thread ?

The advantage of longer intervals between cleans means that you can charge more per clean resulting in your overall earnings being higher ....

For example for a 3 bed semi I might charge £14 on a 4 weekly basis but £16 on an 8 weekly basis etc...

The disadvantage is of course that it will take longer for you to build up a round.

Thanks so much guys, I think as a guide I'm going to offer 6 weekly cleans, that sits well with me and takes into account all the things you've said. 

I was working on the premise of people only wanting them done every 8 weeks so thats encouraged me that my round will quicker as well!

Would you say that sofits and facias etc are normally a 1 off or annual clean?

Thanks so much guys, I think as a guide I'm going to offer 6 weekly cleans, that sits well with me and takes into account all the things you've said. 

I was working on the premise of people only wanting them done every 8 weeks so thats encouraged me that my round will quicker as well!

Would you say that sofits and facias etc are normally a 1 off or annual clean?
Fascias/soffits are generally a one off as people only tend to have it done when they’re really bad. Some of our customers have it done bi-annually. Try to upsell & do it at the same time as a gutter clearance, it often works.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah totally agree. 

I was young and naive and let so many “call the shots”

Aiming for once a month cleans is the way.  There really are those who want it done every month so they can have nice clean windows all the time. Finding these is the art ? 

Back