Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Disappointed with New Belt

Bart90

I have used Unger's ergotech belt and for 6 years it lasted well (it's the old green one which they used to do). I replaced it with the new black belt but am not at all happy.  It keeps slipping down and the Unger ergotech pouch is constantly coming loose; the velcro strip is just not up to the old ones standards!  Although I have to confess, although durability was good the old one bugged me too.  The one annoying thing i find is the bucket on the belt holder always ends up over the nylon and not the padded 'extra' bit they supply with the belt which means it keeps moving and puts strain on the belt.

As I don't want to throw endless money on trying new belts;  What is your belt set up?  Any recommendations?  I need a new BOAB too suitable for liquidators (although I prefer holsters for the squeegees most of the time) so any suggestions or a discussion would be great!

Cheers fellas!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a police type belt of ebay,think green pro suggested it.  My unger belt clip kept popping off when i breathed out,not good. My wifesbelt does the same now n then.

I have used Unger's ergotech belt and for 6 years it lasted well (it's the old green one which they used to do). I replaced it with the new black belt but am not at all happy.  It keeps slipping down and the Unger ergotech pouch is constantly coming loose; the velcro strip is just not up to the old ones standards!  Although I have to confess, although durability was good the old one bugged me too.  The one annoying thing i find is the bucket on the belt holder always ends up over the nylon and not the padded 'extra' bit they supply with the belt which means it keeps moving and puts strain on the belt.

As I don't want to throw endless money on trying new belts;  What is your belt set up?  Any recommendations?  I need a new BOAB too suitable for liquidators (although I prefer holsters for the squeegees most of the time) so any suggestions or a discussion would be great!

Cheers fellas!
I’ve put buttons on my unger pouch, the Velcro is rubbish so I got some ‘jeans’ type buttons which hammer on and then attached some elastic hoops. Been great ever since

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used the unger belt until I broke the plastic clip slamming van door on it, anyway I still use the unger pouch but bought  and belt and pouches from B&Q this belt is really comfortable Velcro waistband and the normal plastic quickrealease clips on the belt haven’t used the pouches apart from the small one to hold the soap, honestly really cheap and excellent quality for the money you won’t be disappointed see the link below.

I used the unger belt until I broke the plastic clip slamming van door on it, anyway I still use the unger pouch but bought  and belt and pouches from B&Q this belt is really comfortable Velcro waistband and the normal plastic quickrealease clips on the belt haven’t used the pouches apart from the small one to hold the soap, honestly really cheap and excellent quality for the money you won’t be disappointed see the link below.
Thanks Den, I'll give it a go I think.

I got a police type belt of ebay,think green pro suggested it.  My unger belt clip kept popping off when i breathed out,not good. My wifesbelt does the same now n then.
Good idea.  I'll have a look at them too & the B&Q ones!

I bought a Dingo Tactical Belt. It's nice and stiff without being wide and conspicuous. It only cost €8 at my local gun shop. below is a link so you can see a picture without me breaking any copyright rules, please note I DIDN'T buy it from this site.

https://www.gunmarket.eu/online-shop/params/category/68565/item/483100/

I buy Leather belts, usually about 40mm and cost a fiver, I have two unger pouches plus a Bum bag fixed to the front and then the BOAB clip. It all just fits on the belt, so there's no room for anything to move about! Works fine for me.

I've gone for the Police type belt so I'll see how i get on.  I've got one pouch that you have to feed the belt through it and that way it never comes off.  I'll replace the ergotech pouch velcro type with another and get a new BOAB.  I'll let you all know how it goes.  Thanks for all the replies

I use a police model too, "uncle mikes duty belt." They are rigid and build to heavy duty stuff . I use the inner velcro belt too so it doesnt slide around wearing that load.

Back