Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van storage idea's

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve W

Morning all..im after idea's on how to fit out my peugeot expert van for storage.my main ladders are on the roof,but i have a small tripple and 6step step ladder that go in the van plus jet washer and extra buckets etc etc..

My father in law just started cleaning windows, and his boss has his vans kitted out in an interesting way that I've never seen before.

Basically he has built a low floor in the van, the tank sits on top, and the ladders just slide in underneath. The boss also has a few drawers and stuff in the floor of his van. Smart system.

I want my reel to be a bit higher, so want to build a small cabinet for it to stand on, and then add a drawer to the cabinet for all my trinkets. There is usually a lot of dead unused space above the reels.

Another idea I have is adding a sheet of plywood to the side of my tank and mount all my trad tools on it, so it's easily available through the side door. I have a square bucket with a lid that just fits in there.

My set up for the poles is similar to yours but without the thingy with the holes in

View attachment 14759

View attachment 14760
Here’s another idea, mini chest of drawers on top of my tank. 

I keep my array of gloves etc in them ?

There is a basket type thing to the left of the drawers. It’s what the supermarkets have their bread delivered in. I keep a couple of raincoats in it. 

435F46DB-8412-4A11-8AD2-006E3B810DFB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s another idea, mini chest of drawers on top of my tank. 

I keep my array of gloves etc in them ?

There is a basket type thing to the left of the drawers. It’s what the supermarkets have their bread delivered in. I keep a couple of raincoats in it. 

View attachment 14761
Whats the sponge attach to the brush for Steve?

Aargh righteo, this is what I use this is my home made contraption that It works really well, an old ultimate flock brush bristles pulled out and Velcro stuck on the stock with a gardiner scrub pad. 

C51A6354-365B-40C3-9C17-E2FCAFD86962.jpeg

9A992FFC-5D5D-4A32-B34B-E363234FDA07.jpeg

4DECD5F5-3CCD-4E59-955C-319CDDA968F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to have an automatic reel or your shoulders will die.

Ive got wooden racking on both sides near the back doors for all the cloths, gloves etc then timber across the two to take the brushes with angled holders to keep them in place and the tank at the bulk head. Love it. Pond liner on the floor to keep the timber from getting too wet.

Back