bigsteve62

Stuck Carbon poles

bigsteve62

Most likely been asked before .Any tips on parting carbon poles .as a pain if you can't get apart after job. So far as well as keeping clean have tried dry silicon spray,silicon stick rubbed round taper,hot water on outer joint,rubber gloves,tug of war with assistant, how do you guys part the poles?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Most likely been asked before .Any tips on parting carbon poles .as a pain if you can't get apart after job. So far as well as keeping clean have tried dry silicon spray,silicon stick rubbed round taper,hot water on outer joint,rubber gloves,tug of war with assistant, how do you guys part the poles?

Just ordered rubber strap wrenches as mentioned in another post,see how I get on with these

windowsurfer

I used big plumber plier things on one gutter pole n hand on other pole, but was a bit scary, but it had to come apart or break

bigsteve62
I used big plumber plier things on one gutter pole n hand on other pole, but was a bit scary, but it had to come apart or break
Thought of trying stilsons but a bit wary in case pole shatters thought maybe wrap a rubber glove around pole then stilsons to grip hopefully the glove giving some padding and grip

bigsteve62

No in fact other than normal use just seam to jam most times (skyvac atom) always washed through and wiped down after use. luckily have a more powerful vac with aluminium poles and just purchased some new carbon poles for the powerful one so will see how I get on with these

GSS Window Cleaning

You need 2 people both pull the sections at either end and tap the joint where its stuck it will come off