Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stuck Carbon poles

bigsteve62

Most likely been asked before .Any tips on parting carbon poles .as a pain if you can't get apart after job. So far as well as keeping clean have tried dry silicon spray,silicon stick rubbed round taper,hot water on outer joint,rubber gloves,tug of war with assistant, how do you guys part the poles?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

bigsteve62 said:
Most likely been asked before .Any tips on parting carbon poles .as a pain if you can't get apart after job. So far as well as keeping clean have tried dry silicon spray,silicon stick rubbed round taper,hot water on outer joint,rubber gloves,tug of war with assistant, how do you guys part the poles?

Just ordered rubber strap wrenches as mentioned in another post,see how I get on with these

No in fact other than normal use just seam to jam most times (skyvac atom) always washed through and wiped down after use. luckily have a more powerful vac with aluminium poles and just purchased some new carbon poles for the powerful one so will see how I get on with these

Anyone ogt any more tips on separating these poles? 2nd time out for my new atom and 2of them have fused together so tight haha!! Any help will be hugely appreciated!!!!

Put each end on a raised soft surface (between two chairs or such like) so you have the section join floating in the air. Gently apply pressure in a downward motion whilst slowly rolling it backwards and forwards. This is how we used to separate fishing poles when they got stuck. Whatever you do don’t pull and twist - just pull in a straight line. I’ve broken many a pole twisting the sections apart. I’ve never broken one by doing the above, it may take time but gentle pressure putting a slight bend in the pole will release it. Once it’s apart rub candle wax on the male joint, this will prevent them from sticking but you need to do it after every use when the poles are dry. They obviously use cheaper carbon or the laminate coating has worn off.

Just to give an update on this. I spoke to Spinaclean and got some tips on separating them... spent a good while trying them along side tips found here to no avail. I thought I'd ask them again just to see if there was any more ideas, any way long story short 1 day later I have 2 brand new poles at home! Basically just wanted to shoutout to SpinaCleans customer service!! ?

When i first got my carbon poles with aluminium ends they were well stuck after a job. Think i poured boiling water on the joint and my mate and I pulled them apart by twisting opposite each other. After that I always spray the inside of the joint with WD40 and never had the problem again. Once bitten twice shy senario, one never forgets there fused pole senario.

Basically just wanted to shoutout to SpinaCleans customer service!! ?
I've a Skyvac Industrial that after 10 months one of the motors started to make a funny noise. I rang them and said I was in the area and would call round. They changed the motor straight away, didn't try to wriggle out of the guarantee. Not ideal that the motor packed in but the good companies sort it out straight away. 

Back