Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Super heated steam pressure washers vs softwashing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

I’d be interested to hear from people who have experience of both of these, in terms of whether the results differ when it comes to cleaning bathstone?

I know k-rend needs to be softwashed, and also that steam heated washers are good for graffiti removal, but what about bathstone cleaning?

I’m interested because a friend who is a builder is doing a large renovation on a 2 story house including all sorts of work, roofing, bathstone cleaning, windows restored etc etc, so if he’s using a stone cleaning company that use steam heated pressure washers i’d be interested to know what that normally costs in comparison to soft washing and whether the results would be that much different? I have asked him but haven’t had a reply yet so i’m just wondering what anybody else thinks. Cheers guys.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm assuming your on about a DOFF machine? A mate of mine used to use one and they good, but they cost about £8k to buy and you can't hire them. They did Swansea crown court and it came up almost new.

You got to be very careful on stone... if you go to slow you can burn lines in to the stone. So it's getting the right rhythm and speed. If you are using it on brick work it be ok and will come out looking great.... on both you got to be the right distance back holding the DOFF lance.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back