Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a belter!

Looks good, thats the thing with ones own trade u stick to what is marketed to your trade, but u really do well do look at what others are using, cleaners, car valeters etc to see if they use better quality gear for us to use, as our main suppliers dont think we will pay for better gear sometimes. 

Looks good, thats the thing with ones own trade u stick to what is marketed to your trade, but u really do well do look at what others are using, cleaners, car valeters etc to see if they use better quality gear for us to use, as our main suppliers dont think we will pay for better gear sometimes. 
Oh it is really good, well padded all around, and the belt runs around the outside of it,as opposed to through it, like the unger one, so it's easy to attach boab/tools etc.Guess it's marketed at the construction industry, but just perfect for trad window cleaners too.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

monkeyman12 said:
Oh it is really good, well padded all around, and the belt runs around the outside of it,as opposed to through it, like the unger one, so it's easy to attach boab/tools etc.Guess it's marketed at the construction industry, but just perfect for trad window cleaners too.

From 30",up to around 40 plus I reckon. I'm 32",and bags of room, if I decided to go on a pie eating session.

Looks great.  I too have just abandoned the unger ergotech belt; i don't think it's fit for purpose.  Am currently constructing a new belt from a recommendation on here after buying a police style belt.  That looks great though!

I've only used the ergotech belt, was on my second one, but found it so annoying! It really is a rubbish design, but until you see something better and put together differently, it's hard to realise just how **** their belt is!
No going back now. [emoji4]

I've only used the ergotech belt, was on my second one, but found it so annoying! It really is a rubbish design, but until you see something better and put together differently, it's hard to realise just how **** their belt is!
No going back now.
emoji4.png

Exactly the same.  Was on my second ergotech belt and was not pleased with it.  Constantly slips down, pouch velcro sub standard, belt twists, can't believed i put up with it 6 years!

Be interested to see the new belt you're constructing when it's finished.

I'll post a picture so you can have a look ? Essentially it's a £4.99 belt from ebay but seem solid enough but time will tell, then a moerman pouch, then a double squeegee holster and after all i've said a small unger pouch which has been reliable ?  that's for the frame cloths.  I prefer keeping my squeegees away from the BOAB; i find it damages the rubber and also find excess water and soap gets on the tip of the squeegee which bleeds lines out if not wiped or constantly emptied.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old Bucket on a belt "BOAB" had separate sealed  channels in it. I just bored a 10mm hole in the bottom of the squeegee channel to let any water run out. This allowed my squeegee to dry out.

My old Bucket on a belt "BOAB" had separate sealed  channels in it. I just bored a 10mm hole in the bottom of the squeegee channel to let any water run out. This allowed my squeegee to dry out.
Good idea... You didn't get any water dripping down your leg?

Ettore pouches £7. Fabric been using them for years after having the unger 1s..this looks abit over the top to carry your rags around lol

Ah, I carry more than rags around tho, to be honest I don't carry many of those, as I predominantly use moerman squeegees, so detailing is minimal. I do however carry a water bottle on me, don't dunk in a bucket, and also soap, plus applicator, usually 5 squeegees, it adds up. I honestly didnt feel as tho I was carrying anything, whereas with the unger one I did.
So it's not over the top for me.

No if your sponge dries out you always have a bit of water in the bottom of it. Tip it up saves going back to dunk your sponge

I carry rags in my pouches and a bucket on belt with my sponge and blade in.. perfect for me to just unclip the bucket on belt and out 8n back of va

I don't dunk my sponge tho, I carry a 1 litre water bottle on me all the time, and I squirt that on to it. Works well for me, I've got water and soap on me all the time, so no going back for anything. Hence wanting a good comfortable belt.

Latest Posts

Back