Jump to content
monkeyman12

What a belter!



Recommended Posts

scottish cleaning service
1 minute ago, monkeyman12 said:

The great thing about it, is you can get the solution just right, to stay on the glass.
I used to fill my boab up with solution years ago, but was way too watery, and not enough soap. The rubber would squeak and skip on the glass. But now all good.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

 

I bought that Moerman soap in the bottle and it seems perfect for it. I can always have soapy water in a secure tub in my van if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B

I don't use a boab or a normal bucket when I trad which isn't as often as it used to be

No need for a boab nowadays as all tops get done wfp whether tradding bottoms or not, so just bottoms with no detailing so no need to put applicator down

Liquidators in holster 

Spray bottle in pouch

Soap in pouch

Customers tap if I need to re wet applicator or wash it out

I could trad bottoms all week and still only use 1 microfibre and a couple of sill cloths that I rinse with customers tap and let dry while using the other one

Share this post


Link to post
Bart90
20 minutes ago, Dave B said:

No need for a boab nowadays as all tops get done wfp whether tradding bottoms or not, so just bottoms with no detailing so no need to put applicator down

On downstairs tradding I probably out of habit drop my applicator back into the boab when i'm wiping off the frames and could hold onto it so that's something i'll try to refine this week a bit and see if it speeds me up a little.  Out of curiosity Dave, do you not find, particularly on compartment type windows above other panes that when you close out the suds sit marginally above the bottom seal so need a wipe with a microfibre?

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B
1 hour ago, Bart90 said:

On downstairs tradding I probably out of habit drop my applicator back into the boab when i'm wiping off the frames and could hold onto it so that's something i'll try to refine this week a bit and see if it speeds me up a little.  Out of curiosity Dave, do you not find, particularly on compartment type windows above other panes that when you close out the suds sit marginally above the bottom seal so need a wipe with a microfibre?

Occasionally I will need to wipe the odd one

I use the applicator to wipe the sill and bottom frame also once I have bladed the window if it is not too dirty and use it to catch the water that would go everywhere like polzn bladz does

Would be lost without it in my hand

Share this post


Link to post
Bart90

On a slightly separate note guys, isn't it about time moerman brought out a 6" squeegee?

Share this post


Link to post
monkeyman12
 
I bought that Moerman soap in the bottle and it seems perfect for it. I can always have soapy water in a secure tub in my van if need be.
I tried the moerman soap, and I didn't find it any better than ecover, or other soaps, maybe slightly more slip, but it wasn't that noticeable to be honest.
And its expensive for a 500ml bottle.
It smells nice tho. [emoji4]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, monkeyman12 said:

I tried the moerman soap, and I didn't find it any better than ecover, or other soaps, maybe slightly more slip, but it wasn't that noticeable to be honest.
And its expensive for a 500ml bottle.
It smells nice tho. emoji4.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

 

The bottle cap is good but as you say its a lot of money unless you wear it as aftershave. :1f602:

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.