Carts69

Jetmac Briggs & Stratton

Carts69

Hi, I see jetmac now have Briggs & Stratton pw’s, as the price is cheaper than the Honda’s just wondered if it would be a good purchase or stick to Honda, I’m looking at a side line from windows hence not a daily use machine, I’m interested in the 14hp 21lpm with the 30 meter hose reel attached?

scottish cleaning service
10 hours ago, Carts69 said:

Hi, I see jetmac now have Briggs & Stratton pw’s, as the price is cheaper than the Honda’s just wondered if it would be a good purchase or stick to Honda, I’m looking at a side line from windows hence not a daily use machine, I’m interested in the 14hp 21lpm with the 30 meter hose reel attached?

I have the Briggs & Stratton engine. Don't think there is any difference between the two. Main component of a PW is what make of pump is in it. Interpump is the best I believe.

Pjj

The 14 horse power Briggs and Stratton engine is made by Mitsubishi it’s a cracking engine v twin far more power than the Honda and a lot quieter and uses less fuel , I’ve always had Honda before but after having this engine I would never go back to the Honda 

bretney

Can you post a link to the pressure washer please?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Pjj
1 minute ago, bretney said:

Can you post a link to the pressure washer please?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

The company you want is rutland pumps speak to ben is is very helpful not all his washers are on his web site , very good service at a reasonable price and no shipping from Ireland so less problems 

Carts69

Yea I’ve read mixed reviews regarding customer service, but I think I’ll gamble it, it’s not going to get a massive amount of use & as it’s a well know make... hopefully it will be trouble free, plus only being a pressure washer I’m sure it’s not too complex if anything does go wrong, as long as the parts are readly available I reckon it will be fine

All the Fire Service use is Briggs and Stratton so they must be reliable or they wouldn't buy them. I'm happy with mine and the noise and fuel consumption is very good unless you run at full revs.

Carts69

Scottish.. you have convinced me, cheers for the info B&S it is 👍

I thought Briggs & Stratton was an American company? Anyway, I believe its the pump that matters and I have an Interpump.

Cat pumps is that not something you wear on your feet Tench! :1f602:

Carts69

So what’s the deal on the AR pumps, good/bad or just damn ugly?

I'm sticking with Interpump at the moment. My PW will shortly be entering hibernation mode in my lockup and appear out again on St Davids day. I will need to drain it, as I don't intend using it in winter time. :1f44c:

Jetmac
On 10/09/2018 at 21:37, Pjj said:

The company you want is rutland pumps speak to ben is is very helpful not all his washers are on his web site , very good service at a reasonable price and no shipping from Ireland so less problems 

costs as much to ship from south of England to North of England as it does to ship from N.ireland to anywhere in England - need any help , more info etc contact me 077344 38319 and make up your own mind of what sort of Guy i am

Jetmac
On 14/09/2018 at 16:55, scottish cleaning service said:

I'm sticking with Interpump at the moment. My PW will shortly be entering hibernation mode in my lockup and appear out again on St Davids day. I will need to drain it, as I don't intend using it in winter time. :1f44c:

Jetmac ( me ) can offer interpump as well as Annovi Reverberi - feel free to whats app me for more info , picures or anything else 077344 38319

Jetmac
On 12/09/2018 at 20:39, tench0771 said:

ive hurd the cat pumps are best followed buy interpump ?

cat pumps are great until you price spare parts , i priced a valve kit the other day and my  heart skipped a beat or 3

On 09/09/2018 at 22:47, Carts69 said:

A little more power with an extra horse ( 14 hp ) and very easy to start thou if your a " Honda Man " why change ( parts interchangeable from the B and s to the Honda like recoil )

Pjj
38 minutes ago, Jetmac said:

costs as much to ship from south of England to North of England as it does to ship from N.ireland to anywhere in England - need any help , more info etc contact me 077344 38319 and make up your own mind of what sort of Guy i am

I phoned you about three years ago when I was looking at buying a new pressure washer I explained the type of work I do you promised to get back to me Ime still waiting for that call , Ben at Rutland pumps phoned me back the same day with the details I needed and I placed an order with him the machine was built and delivered with in three days I have never had a problem with it any service items I need are delivered the next day , that isn’t going to happen from Ireland is it . It does cost considerably more to ship stuff to and from Ireland than with in the uk , we buy stuff from a number of country’s and it’s always easier and quicker and cheaper to buy stuff in England it’s just a simple fact of logistics, I wish you all the best with your buisness but I personally was put off dealing with you as you didn’t get back to me when I was trying to buy something so what would be the situation if I had any problems with the machine , when working I cannot afford to wait several days for a part to arrive .

Jetmac
17 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I phoned you about three years ago when I was looking at buying a new pressure washer I explained the type of work I do you promised to get back to me Ime still waiting for that call , Ben at Rutland pumps phoned me back the same day with the details I needed and I placed an order with him the machine was built and delivered with in three days I have never had a problem with it any service items I need are delivered the next day , that isn’t going to happen from Ireland is it . It does cost considerably more to ship stuff to and from Ireland than with in the uk , we buy stuff from a number of country’s and it’s always easier and quicker and cheaper to buy stuff in England it’s just a simple fact of logistics, I wish you all the best with your buisness but I personally was put off dealing with you as you didn’t get back to me when I was trying to buy something so what would be the situation if I had any problems with the machine , when working I cannot afford to wait several days for a part to arrive .

apologies for not getting back to you ....

we use parcelforce 24 - can ship anything up to 30 kgs to anywhere in uk and isle of man and jersey for £14 incl vat , for small pressure washers say 6.5 hp honda etc we use tnt - 2 working days and for all big machines we use a pallet network 2 days

small stuff up to 2 kgs Royal Mail first class £3.22

we are N.ireland based ( within uk ) not republic

It is more expensive ifor you Guys n England / Mainland to ship this way but its not the case from here shipping your way.

Your happy now thats the main thing - Good luck to you and your business

if you need help at any stage with your machine sure whats app us a wee video and ill do my best to help - Terry 077344 38319

Edited by Jetmac
Grammar

Carts69
11 minutes ago, Pjj said:

To be fair, I contacted jetmac last week with an enquiry via email & had a response within no time, I must admit I do like the website & the machine prices, Rutlands are highly recommended I know, but the website lets it down in my opinion, I’ve decided on a Briggs & Stratton from Terry, and will hopefully next week make the purchase, I don’t know this guy but have faith in what he sells & im sure....& hope that if I encounter any problems in the future with my purchase he will be on hand to advise. Terry... if your reading this....feel free to do me a little discount haha

Jetmac
2 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

To be fair, I contacted jetmac last week with an enquiry via email & had a response within no time, I must admit I do like the website & the machine prices, Rutlands are highly recommended I know, but the website lets it down in my opinion, I’ve decided on a Briggs & Stratton from Terry, and will hopefully next week make the purchase, I don’t know this guy but have faith in what he sells & im sure....& hope that if I encounter any problems in the future with my purchase he will be on hand to advise. Terry... if your reading this....feel free to do me a little discount haha

2 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

talk to you then