Mutch

What’s the best liquid to use

Mutch

Hi which is the best liquid to use to clean windows we use washing up liquid.

scottish cleaning service

Fairy Platinum gets a good right up, I use Unger's myself but may try moreman directly on the applicator. In the end its what you prefer but try it on your own windows first to come to a conclusion. :1f609:

Jjamie
11 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Fairy Platinum gets a good right up, I use Unger's myself but may try moreman directly on the applicator. In the end its what you prefer but try it on your own windows first to come to a conclusion. :1f609:

Can not beat a bit off fairy platinum ....  

Two for £3 at Tesco 😀😀

Jimbo

Definitely fairy platinum for me, get really good glide on the squeegee. Couldn't be arsed with ordering stuff online like unger and moerman when you can just nip to your local shop for the same thing.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Looks like fairy platinum has won this agreement, ticks all the boxes, will need to get a few. :1f609:

Bart90

I use Aldi MagnumPremium Original.  Nearly beat fairy when 'Which?' compared them. It's half the price of Fairy and found it to be great.

Edited by Bart90

Nudel

I like to use water as a base. That's a good liquid to clean windows in. 😝

paulben

Squeegy off brought a load when it was on offer at B&Q

Was near Aldi so I bought some Magnum Premium washing up liquid, 75p for 500ml. Gave it a go today and the results speak for themselves. I cant get a better result so I'll be using it in the future, ticks all the boxes. Will upload a photo later.

22 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Was near Aldi so I bought some Magnum Premium washing up liquid, 75p for 500ml. Gave it a go today and the results speak for themselves. I cant get a better result so I'll be using it in the future, ticks all the boxes. Will upload a photo later.

fo.jpg

Jjamie
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

fo.jpg

You missed a bit 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 

2 hours ago, Jjamie said:

You missed a bit 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 

Where?

Its great for 75p after all the expensive stuff I have used. I'll use it at the end of the month to see if my customers notice a difference. :1f609:

Mattymarske

HG Window Cleaner for me. £2.99 at my local DIY shop. It's probably the same as ettore squeegee off as it's blue and in a similar bottle just rebranded.

I've tried Ecover, Fairy Platinum and the Aldi Magnum but after proper OTT testing on my own windows I know the resoiling rate is much lower in nearly all weather conditions with the HG.

It just seems to leave hardly any residue so even after a good few rain showers there's no miniscule sticky spots that you get with heavier soaps. Maybe I'm looking to closely but hey that's why we're in this game to notice the details!

I will say the shine may not be as Dazzling as Fairy from across the road but a clean window (especially when cleaned inside and out) has crystal clarity which is more important in my opinion when you're sat inside looking out.

https://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/products/hg-window-cleaner-500ml/hg400

Mattymarske

Btw I'm 95% wfp but really enjoy trad work. So the hardcore trad lads may have a heck of a lot more real world experience with soaps and economies of scale but for the few jobs I do the comparatively more expensive HG is spot on and lasts about 4 months lol.

Dmitri

Fairy platinum has too much of suds, went to Ecover - imho better glide, cleans really good and never had a problem.
IMG_7095.JPG

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Window Cleaning Forums

Adam curtis

Got to say I’ve tryed just about every soap but I really like the facelift razerglide once you get mix right its spot on got bubbles but not to much and the slip is amazing got to give it a go I put about 60ml in 10 litres of water

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Dave Shaw

I’ve tried a few of the advertised window cleaning soaps and found them to be overpriced gimmicks. Always revert back to good old green fairy. Got to be careful not to put too much in though or you will get lots of suds. Some of the cheaper ones are ok but don’t last as long and make your blade skip on turns.

Dmitri
6 hours ago, Dave Shaw said:

I’ve tried a few of the advertised window cleaning soaps and found them to be overpriced gimmicks. Always revert back to good old green fairy. Got to be careful not to put too much in though or you will get lots of suds. Some of the cheaper ones are ok but don’t last as long and make your blade skip on turns.

Totally agree, tried a bunch of different soaps and haven’t noticed a noticeable difference, only more expensive.

I use Fairy Platinum only on really dirty windows, especially on horizontal ones and on a sunny days, lots of bubbles doesn’t dry out as quickly.

352BF67F-C9DD-4071-A16E-B4E8671B08F5.jpeg