Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s the best liquid to use

Fairy Platinum gets a good right up, I use Unger's myself but may try moreman directly on the applicator. In the end its what you prefer but try it on your own windows first to come to a conclusion. :1f609:

I use Aldi MagnumPremium Original.  Nearly beat fairy when 'Which?' compared them. It's half the price of Fairy and found it to be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was near Aldi so I bought some Magnum Premium washing up liquid, 75p for 500ml. Gave it a go today and the results speak for themselves. I cant get a better result so I'll be using it in the future, ticks all the boxes. Will upload a photo later.

HG Window Cleaner for me. £2.99 at my local DIY shop. It's probably the same as ettore squeegee off as it's blue and in a similar bottle just rebranded.

I've tried Ecover, Fairy Platinum and the Aldi Magnum but after proper OTT testing on my own windows I know the resoiling rate is much lower in nearly all weather conditions with the HG.

It just seems to leave hardly any residue so even after a good few rain showers there's no miniscule sticky spots that you get with heavier soaps. Maybe I'm looking to closely but hey that's why we're in this game to notice the details!

I will say the shine may not be as Dazzling as Fairy from across the road but a clean window (especially when cleaned inside and out) has crystal clarity which is more important in my opinion when you're sat inside looking out.

https://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/products/hg-window-cleaner-500ml/hg400

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back