Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched Conservatory PVC HELP !!!

CM Cleaning Services

Evening all

My first disaster has happened ?

Done a Conny job just over a week ago all went well straight forward lovely job for regular window customer did this job last year for them too.

However a week later a message to pop round for a chat

And so the chat is to inform me that all low level conservatory sills and frames have scratched really badly [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Firstly I don't know how it's happened only used my normal Conny cleaning WFP brush

Secondly any suggestions or solutions to fix before it's insurance job for damaged Conny

Hope pictures clear enough to see

ThanksIMG-20180913-WA0007.jpegIMG-20180913-WA0007.jpegIMG-20180913-WA0002.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Evening all

Done a Conny job just over a week ago all went well straight forward lovely job for regular window customer did this job last year for them too.

And so the chat is to inform me that all low level conservatory sills and frames have scratched really badly
emoji58.png
emoji58.png
emoji58.png

Firstly I don't know how it's happened only used my normal Conny cleaning WFP brush

Secondly any suggestions or solutions to fix before it's insurance job for damaged Conny

Thanks
First things first, I'm not 100% sure you caused those scratches. Especially the ones on the window itself. Those type of scratches on an upstairs window I would imagine the brush was at the wrong angle and the outer edge of the brush was rubbing on the sill, doesn't seem possible on a conny sill. Obviously the conversation has already been had but I would be asking how they proposed my brush caused the scratches and shown them the brush.

I can’t speak much about why it might have happened. But take a look at Green Pro Clean’s uPVC restoration videos. Use Unger Rub Out with a scourer should come right up with no issues. Will take time but cheaper than an insurance job!

Good shout for fixing it but not if he didn't cause the damage... Smells very fishy to me.

With regards to fixing it I would get some magic sponges and either Unger rub out or UPVC cleaner from Screwfix depending how quickly you need to do it.

Yea I showed them our brushes and of course explained there not course enough to do this sort of damage .... Just strange how no high level of this conny is scratched just low level frames n sills

CM Cleaning Services said:
Yea I showed them our brushes and of course explained there not course enough to do this sort of damage .... Just strange how no high level of this conny is scratched just low level frames n sills

And to add there is no scratched glass just the pvc

Do you clean there windows or do they have another window cleaner that might of been round to clean the lower level stuff? Or does the owner clean them himself? Maybe someone else caused the damage. 

If it wasn't like that when you left then you need to get that point across to them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you clean there windows or do they have another window cleaner that might of been round to clean the lower level stuff? Or does the owner clean them himself? Maybe someone else caused the damage. 

If it wasn't like that when you left then you need to get that point across to them. 

Yes there are my regular window customer for over a year now and never caused any damage

Evening all

And so the chat is to inform me that all low level conservatory sills and frames have scratched really badly
emoji58.png
emoji58.png
emoji58.png

ThanksView attachment 14818View attachment 14819View attachment 14820

My personal feeling is there's no way you caused those mate. Even if you had a brush full of grit which you wouldn't anyway you would have to scrub stupidly hard to do That! Yeah there s ways you could probably sort the scratches but In doing that you are admitting it was you.

I have built my business on honesty and doing a great job.  In the past couple of years I have had a couple of things I broke gutter clips and knocking over garden ornaments etc. All cos I was rushing you live and learn but each time I told customer and sorted and when I broke ornament I told customer ease take cost off bill but she said no you earnt your money and were honest so don't worry about it. Still a customer now. But if this was me I would be saying i didnt cause that and if you have to get your insurance to deal and let them know there is no way you did that. It's up to them to prove you did it not you to prove you didn't. Let us know how it goes  

Yes there are my regular window customer for over a year now and never caused any damage

Well you can sort it out and see how it goes with them but I’d be careful mate. The reason I asked if they’re below the doors is because they look suspiciously like the scratches on my conny where I moved furniture in once

Under the windows

Could be that something has been leant against it. Either way if I were you I would sort it with the bronze wool and your chosen cleaning solution. Wouldn’t be sure about keeping them on the books though

There being reasonable and letting me try something's to remove the scratches myself .... Should that fail I call in someone who can sort it or pass it to insurance to sort
emoji853.png

So are you admitting you did it? Those scuffs are not in the pattern a brush would make! They are scuffs probably like someone else said them.moving furniture or something. 

So are you admitting you did it? Those scuffs are not in the pattern a brush would make! They are scuffs probably like someone else said them.moving furniture or something. 
I've explained I couldn't possibly done the scratches but there insistent it has never been like this previously ... And to be honest I've not seen these scratches before in all my cleaning visits there ....

The conversation didn't really have a resolve ... They think I caused the damage ... I'm certain a WFP brush wouldn't have caused the damage ...

What would you suggest I done ???

There great customers never a problem until now ???

Deny and lose a good customer who also has me do all there extra work ??? Or offer to try something to assist removing them ???

I've explained I couldn't possibly done the scratches but there insistent it has never been like this previously ... And to be honest I've not seen these scratches before in all my cleaning visits there ....

The conversation didn't really have a resolve ... They think I caused the damage ... I'm certain a WFP brush wouldn't have caused the damage ...

Deny and lose a good customer who also has me do all there extra work ??? Or offer to try something to assist removing them ???

It's put you in an awkward spot mate I understand that and like I say I'm the first to admit I've done something if I have or sort something out but yeah in this situation I would be saying I'm sorry there is no way my kit could cause that and the marks are not consistent in any way with the way the brushes go when cleaning. I would tell them I recommend whatever products to get rid of them but that's not for you to do. They sound like otherwise good customers but are they that good that they are blaming you when no way a wfp brush did That? Plenty more customers out there that won't accuse you falsely!

I would fix it mate, but put in writing to the customer in an email that the brush cannot have caused the scratches and you are doing it as a gesture of goodwill. They may not have been a problem until now but on every future job you’ll be walking on eggshells. Once someone looses their integrity I can’t work for them anymore, or have them work for me, or have a close friendship with them for that matter.

The reason I would fix it is simply the domino effect. You don’t necessarily just loose them as a customer, they may leave you a bad review, tell their friends.... a bad experience goes much further than just the one customer. It’s not like it’s a cracked pane, it’s a nice simple fix and then move on from there.

Back