Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Bart90

Frames when it's raining heavy.

Bart90

Just thought I'd run this and see what others do.  When there's loads of water on the frames and your frame cloths get soaked through at a crazy rate when cleaning the frames;  what do you guys do?  The only think i can think of is running an old blade across the sill but the rest of the frames can still be pretty wet!  Hate having a mountain of frame cloths at the end of just one heavy rainy day!

Edited by Bart90

Dave B

When I was trad I would just ring it out and keep using it

The sills are easily done with a small squeegee

I always use my applicator on sills anyway to give them a scrub then blade them off

Iron Giant

Shouldn't be up ladders or tradding if it's raining

County Durham Lad

Bart90
2 hours ago, Dave B said:

When I was trad I would just ring it out and keep using it

The sills are easily done with a small squeegee

I always use my applicator on sills anyway to give them a scrub then blade them off

I've always tried to dry them completely which is probably why i get through so many.  I'll give that a try Dave thanks.  

1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

Shouldn't be up ladders or tradding if it's raining

County Durham Lad

You can't beat a bit of trad in the rain; bit more of a challenge!  I use wfp for tops.

Dave B
19 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

I've always tried to dry them completely which is probably why i get through so many.  I'll give that a try Dave thanks.  

You can't beat a bit of trad in the rain; bit more of a challenge!  I use wfp for tops.

Never had an issue tradding in rain

I can do a whole day with 1 sill cloth amd can make a microfibre detailing cloth last all week if tradding

Sill cloth gets washed out occasionally with customers garden tap

Than give it a good ring out

scottish cleaning service

I use the squeegee to remove most of the rainwater from the sill before I dry it. Nothing better than a nice dry cloth for finishing off.

Bart90
40 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Never had an issue tradding in rain

Me either, most customers accept I have to work whatever the weather or I'd get so far behind they'd never see me although there's always one or two that kick up a fuss.  I've found it a lot easier in the rain with the liquidators; detailing used to be the difficult part especially if heavy.  If it's very heavy, which in reality is not that often I'll wait until it eases but generally i just plough on!

Iron Giant

The issue with working in the rain trad and I am sure this has been raised before is you are more at risk of slipping either on the ladder or the ladder slipping and suffering a serious injury 16 years ago a 6ft fall nearly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I snapped my back in two places and crushed one of my vertebrae by 70%, ultimately it's your choice but there aren't many days that I don't think just how lucky I was and am. 

Incheck
The issue with working in the rain trad and I am sure this has been raised before is you are more at risk of slipping either on the ladder or the ladder slipping and suffering a serious injury 16 years ago a 6ft fall nearly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I snapped my back in two places and crushed one of my vertebrae by 70%, ultimately it's your choice but there aren't many days that I don't think just how lucky I was and am. 

Glad you made it through a lot of people don’t value health until it’s gone sadly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app