Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frames when it's raining heavy.

Bart90

Just thought I'd run this and see what others do.  When there's loads of water on the frames and your frame cloths get soaked through at a crazy rate when cleaning the frames;  what do you guys do?  The only think i can think of is running an old blade across the sill but the rest of the frames can still be pretty wet!  Hate having a mountain of frame cloths at the end of just one heavy rainy day!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was trad I would just ring it out and keep using it

The sills are easily done with a small squeegee

I always use my applicator on sills anyway to give them a scrub then blade them off

When I was trad I would just ring it out and keep using it

The sills are easily done with a small squeegee

I always use my applicator on sills anyway to give them a scrub then blade them off
I've always tried to dry them completely which is probably why i get through so many.  I'll give that a try Dave thanks.  

Shouldn't be up ladders or tradding if it's raining

County Durham Lad

You can't beat a bit of trad in the rain; bit more of a challenge!  I use wfp for tops.

I've always tried to dry them completely which is probably why i get through so many.  I'll give that a try Dave thanks.  

You can't beat a bit of trad in the rain; bit more of a challenge!  I use wfp for tops.
Never had an issue tradding in rain

I can do a whole day with 1 sill cloth amd can make a microfibre detailing cloth last all week if tradding

Sill cloth gets washed out occasionally with customers garden tap

Than give it a good ring out

Never had an issue tradding in rain
Me either, most customers accept I have to work whatever the weather or I'd get so far behind they'd never see me although there's always one or two that kick up a fuss.  I've found it a lot easier in the rain with the liquidators; detailing used to be the difficult part especially if heavy.  If it's very heavy, which in reality is not that often I'll wait until it eases but generally i just plough on!

The issue with working in the rain trad and I am sure this has been raised before is you are more at risk of slipping either on the ladder or the ladder slipping and suffering a serious injury 16 years ago a 6ft fall nearly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I snapped my back in two places and crushed one of my vertebrae by 70%, ultimately it's your choice but there aren't many days that I don't think just how lucky I was and am. 

The issue with working in the rain trad and I am sure this has been raised before is you are more at risk of slipping either on the ladder or the ladder slipping and suffering a serious injury 16 years ago a 6ft fall nearly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I snapped my back in two places and crushed one of my vertebrae by 70%, ultimately it's your choice but there aren't many days that I don't think just how lucky I was and am. 
Glad you made it through [emoji41] a lot of people don’t value health until it’s gone sadly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

In the past I have worked up ladders all day in the rain but it is risky and like you say you only need one fall.  Thankful now for wfp; has made upstairs work a doddle compared to ladders!  My only regret is not starting wfp earlier,  I waited til i was nearly at capacity on trad and there's a fair bit to get your head round with wfp.  Glad you made it through and are still on the glass.

So am I mate, only takes seconds and everything could change.

County Durham Lad
Aye it does indeed. I’m off to the chiropractor this morning, my neck is now so bad that when i wake up every morning its almost like i’m paralyzed. As the day goes on it gets less painful as its moved about and flexed a lot, but sometimes i feel like my neck cant support the weight of my head ?‍♂️ time to get sorted as its been going on since tuesday and i really could do without it going on in to next week

Aye it does indeed. I’m off to the chiropractor this morning, my neck is now so bad that when i wake up every morning its almost like i’m paralyzed. As the day goes on it gets less painful as its moved about and flexed a lot, but sometimes i feel like my neck cant support the weight of my head ?‍♂️ time to get sorted as its been going on since tuesday and i really could do without it going on in to next week

Hopefully you will get sorted. I thought my dodgy elbow was bad, I'm taking cbd oil at the moment just started a few days ago.

County Durham Lad

Cbd is great from what I have heard from people using it

I had a fall about 15 years ago and fractured my tailbone but could have been much worse

Still couldn't walk well enough to work for a month

Been wfp for 4 years now and makes such a big difference 

Bottoms I choose the method as the mood suits me but always wfp for tops

Doing this job since 1991 and feel lucky I have only come off once

Sounds nasty. How has your neck got like that?  Is it related to pole work?

Sounds nasty. How has your neck got like that?  Is it related to pole work?
Do you know what mate i haven’t got a bloomin clue ?‍♂️ it started monday afternoon, aching rather badly, thought nothing of it & went to bed hoping it would be rectified after a good nights sleep, but every morning since i’ve woken up like C3PO. I’m hoping the chiropractor can sort it out today, they were excellent when i had problems with my lower back so i can only hope the upper back will be up their street also

Do you know what mate i haven’t got a bloomin clue ?‍♂️ it started monday afternoon, aching rather badly, thought nothing of it & went to bed hoping it would be rectified after a good nights sleep, but every morning since i’ve woken up like C3PO. I’m hoping the chiropractor can sort it out today, they were excellent when i had problems with my lower back so i can only hope the upper back will be up their street also

I can hear the bones cracking ?

I can hear the bones cracking [emoji33]
Haha it was cracking like fireworks night fella. I’ve just left now. He’s certain he can solve it & i believe him he’s excellent. I reckon hes made a 40% improvement already as the pain is down from 10/10 to 5 or 6. He said the muscles are really really tight and there are some tears maybe. He said working out doors now that the weather is getting wetter and cooler probably isn’t helping but in his words “we will make you better”

Latest Posts

Back