Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most Daft Thing You've Ever Done While at Work

Tuffers

Well, I think I've done the daftest thing ever to date. I was working in Warwick on Friday and needed to use my ladders to get to a conny roof. Upon driving probably 50 miles home I realised my ladders weren't on my roof rack ?. They're still in the back garden of my customer in Warwick and I won't be anywhere near there to collect them until Wednesday when I'll be working about 20 miles away. 

When I was working from my car and had relatively few jobs I would travel once a month for 35 mins to a bigger property, packed everything but my WFP. Parked up outside the property before I realised. I was Furious with myself!

I have pulled up to the first job of the morning on various occasions and realised I had left my pole in the garage also left pump-box charging in the garage and left the ladder this has happened a few times over the years 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove round the corner to do my windies and got up the ladder and did my first window and realized all my clothes were in the house. Drove back round the house and all my customers wondered where I had gone. A lot of the time we do this is because we have something on our mind. May I suggest a check list taped to dash and a quick tick before we head off. Might seem daft but it usually works to jog the memory. :1f609:

Haha happens to us all.

Ages ago while I was filling up at home early morning, rinsed my brushes/Poles under the garden tap as they were dirty etc. Thought I’d leave them to stand and drip dry for a few moments....... got to my round 30/35 minutes later (bad traffic)

why is it you only realise when you pull up to the first job?? I decided to look in the back of the van for a miracle... nope they were still at home. 20 min drive home then 20 min back again lol 

Drove round the corner to do my windies and got up the ladder and did my first window and realized all my clothes were in the house. Drove back round the house and all my customers wondered where I had gone. A lot of the time we do this is because we have something on our mind. May I suggest a check list taped to dash and a quick tick before we head off. Might seem daft but it usually works to jog the memory. :1f609:

You a bit kinky then scs? 

You a bit kinky then scs? 
 If you only had that check list @Tuffers then you would have remembered the ladder. Paste one up now, to remember on Wednesday to go and get it. Its an age thing. I'm beginning to sound like a robot when leaving house, asking myself if I have my phone. wallet and anything else I need. If we could only connect all these things to our vans keys then we couldn't drive off without them. That's when the compact round near home becomes great. I love doing work near where I live, forget anything and I can nip round and get it. My father was very wise, he owned a hotel and live next door but every morning he would drive to work in second gear and burned out a few clutches. :1f602:  

On one of my away days I left my trad gear on a job. The trip back to the hotel was nearly an hour through Cambridge rush hour. Just cleared Cambridge and realised I'd left it. 

It took me 2 and a half hours from leaving job to getting back to hotel. 

Done a few stupid things, not clamping ladders on, got away with that once n other time they came flying of on a country road,thankfully nothing happened.

Recently i keep leaving my trad pole with duster on it at houses, as use it to remove cobwebs before wfp,  had to go back again the other day to someones house i left at it before very embarrasing.

If you only had that check list [mention=196]Tuffers[/mention] then you would have remembered the ladder. Paste one up now, to remember on Wednesday to go and get it. Its an age thing. I'm beginning to sound like a robot when leaving house, asking myself if I have my phone. wallet and anything else I need. If we could only connect all these things to our vans keys then we couldn't drive off without them. That's when the compact round near home becomes great. I love doing work near where I live, forget anything and I can nip round and get it. My father was very wise, he owned a hotel and live next door but every morning he would drive to work in second gear and burned out a few clutches. :1f602:  
.........Asking yourself if you have your phone, wallet and put your clothes on before leaving the house !!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back