Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How windy is too windy?

I’m thinking about giving today a miss mate the wind makes controlling the pole hard work and often there’s lots of bit in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It's not just safety, as the wind will be blowing dust and dirt around and it ends up up on the glass and windows dry a mess soon it's pointless turning out if thats the case.

County Durham Lad

Got a bucket load of work planned for today too... going to have to brave it. If it gets worse I’ll stop. But having to hire both a van and my brother for today’s work it’s so much! So fingers crossed it’ll be fine!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’m  off home to windy plus raining now .... 

just remember your life is wroth more then a days work 

Be safe 

I remember working a day a couple of years back, frequent gusts up to 60mph apparently. It was such hard work and it was only afterwards I thought about bits blowing on to the glass. Wouldn’t do it now. 

But worked today, wind dyed down a little around lunchtime here (Bournemouth)

Just a normal day well slightly above average no problems whatsoever here in Essex.

We got away with sustained 20mph/22mph this morning quite comfortably, i wouldnt work in 24/s 25/s if it was sustained wind. Not only for safety/comfort reasons but also because (as already has been said) at that speed dirt off the street and trees blows back on to the windows and starts bogging them up again.
Our forecast was blown well out of proportion today, they put a weather warning out covering our area which really wasn’t necessary. Tv regional forecasts are the worst, they are so inaccurate i dont bother with them. The Bbc weather app is by far the most accurate for local weather, and i always go by this.

Same as every day Steve Garwood - factor 50 only for the elite race
emoji6.png

If we have another summer like the one we’ve just had next year, I’m thinking of getting a sign written burka ?

If we have another summer like the one we’ve just had next year, I’m thinking of getting a sign written burka [emoji106]
I honestly don’t know how you guys stick it down there, i couldn’t cope with the heat in Cardiff this year it was unbearable. So glad the autumn is now here it’s much more comfortable to work in

Back