Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning

Spey valley wcs

Hi all,new to forum and have recently started up my own company.im goin to offering gutter cleaning alongside window cleaning

Can anyone give me a rough price on what’s a fair price to charge for service..the majority of houses on my are 2/3 bedroom row storey council houses

Thanks in advance

Campbell

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some on here claim it should be £5 a metre, personally don't go by distance as I always look in them first and calculate how long it will take me. As long as gutters and downpipes aren't full, with the right equipment, it should take you around an hour. I personally work on £50 an hour doing gutters, but I mainly do large commercial jobs. If it were one off jobs scattered here and there would probably charge a bit more. Again all this depends on your area, local windies round me will do them for £20.

Some on here claim it should be £5 a metre, personally don't go by distance as I always look in them first and calculate how long it will take me. As long as gutters and downpipes aren't full, with the right equipment, it should take you around an hour. I personally work on £50 an hour doing gutters, but I mainly do large commercial jobs. If it were one off jobs scattered here and there would probably charge a bit more. Again all this depends on your area, local windies round me will do them for £20.
Ok,thanks for input,appreciate it

Hi all,new to forum and have recently started up my own company.im goin to offering gutter cleaning alongside window cleaning

Can anyone give me a rough price on what’s a fair price to charge for service..the majority of houses on my are 2/3 bedroom row storey council houses

Thanks in advance

Campbell

Hi, I charge a minimum of £60 to clear out gutters. I know Im not the cheapest around but I get enough work from it. What annoys me is people charging £10 per side, way too low. 

If they combine the gutter clear out with another service, then I do sometimes give a discount, but not always. 

Hoep that helps

I look for £60 for a standard terrace or semi (low type ones)
I have gone £45-£50 on the occasion if they’re an elderly long standing customer or if they are disabled.
you really have to be careful you dont get caught out on these jobs. Run the wfp on to the roof above every downpipe, if nothing comes out of any of them you know you’re gonna be there a while.
if there’s extensions/conservatory’s or garages with guttering on each side 10-30 on top of the house price depending on size & state of it.
The high type victorian terraces you wanna be looking at them first to make sure they’re actually possible to clear, access is often very poor due to apex/metal spikey boundary fences/poor or no access through back lanes/steep steps in rear gardens and tight angles against neighbors walls that obstruct safe ladder angles. Rear side only a VAC is practical in many cases, but if the downpipes blocked you’ve had it. Sometimes the tiles overhang the guttering too far and you cant get the vac in so then a ladder is involved and you really need someone footing it especially at that height. Tbh i often turn these victorian terraces down as they often turn in to a nightmare, but if you think its possible £90 ish for these.
Mossy gutters are never really an issue as the vac will take care of this, but
ALWAYS be wary to look for overhanging trees above the gutter height, the twigs will make life hell, blocking the VAC up constantly because they wont fit through the tubes.
Best gutter jobs without a doubt are detached houses and semi detached houses because you can usually guarantee ease of access. I always start umming and aahing when it comes to terraces

I must have watched this ten times before I brought my vac
emoji23.png

Was it worth buying? I'm looking for one next year.

We have a minimum price of £60 for 3 bed semi anything else is bespoke prices , we do a lot of commercial stuff some of which is done every 3 months some is done every 6-8 weeks , pricing is a very controversial subject as I think it depends where in the country you are , but again I look at it and think how long will it take and if it’s likely to need a ladder then the price goes up dramatically, the £60 semi will take maximum of 30 muinits from pulling up to driving away and we do loads of them each year very good earner we do days where we do nothing but gutter clearance I try to book a lot in for a couple of days at a time so all the kit is on the van and stayed there until it’s all done 

Back