Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drawing chems from drums.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elite KILMARNOCK

I have a two man system using Waterfed. 

But going to change one set up so we can SoftWash from a separate drum . Only problem is we are struggling to get the chems to come up from the drum and through pump out through to the hose. 

Any ideas. 

You probably introduced an air lock.

Disconnect the reel and hold the hose end upwards higher than the pump and drum and with the pump on full blast it should push out slowly. I would tell you to suck the air our, but don't do that with chemicals.

If it doesn't work there are tons of other methods discussed on the forum.

What diameter hose you using between pump and barrel?

If you can use 8mm it gets less air locks than bigger diameter hose

Have you changed any of the couplings? I redid my trolley the other day and it didn't build pressure properly because it drew air from on of the connectors. Turn on the pump and put your ear up to it, if you hear a small hiss that's your issue.

Hi m8 just normal garden hose on both sides off pump. Drop one side into barrel and other side hose connect onto microbore reel, up through pole and onto job. Just can’t get it to suck up from barrel. 

Cheers.  

Why not use a back pack less cleaning out after and portable that’s what we use at the moment and we do some large buildings with them 
Hi m8 just normal garden hose on both sides off pump. Drop one side into barrel and other side hose connect onto microbore reel, up through pole and onto job. Just can’t get it to suck up from barrel. 

Cheers.  

Ye might have to do that just a pity when I have a spare system in van that I don’t use 

cheers.  

Back