Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van & System

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sgcleaning

Hi all

Have been going almost a year now and started with a Citroen Nemo and a very basic wfp system. I am now looking to get a bigger van and perhaps a new system. I have a 350l tank at the moment which is big enough at the minute. I would love some advice on perhaps a good van which isn't too big but a good size, and any recommendations on a good wfp set up.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on your budget. I bought a Vw Caddy Maxi, 10 plate. 800kg payload & reasonable space inside. But Vw are always a little more expensive thank other vans, so depends on budget. I’d recommend 500L tank for long term.

Thanks for the reply @RWCleaning, I suppose I'd sell my other van and use the money I get for that plus I have other money towards a new van. Any idea on a good system to go for? Tempted to get a grippa tank but I was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations?

I tried with a diy system but I've had nothing but problems with it, most recently the tube popping out of the van port when turning the water flow from hose off via my uni-valve, so I was going to go with just a named system.

I honestly think it is difficult for anyone to recommend a system as there are so many variants and options.

Grippatank are the Rolls Royce of tanks. But before they came along we only had the choice between an upright tank and a flat tank with the same capacity. Wyedale was the most popular.

Grippa have a tank that fits inbetween a flat and an upright tank. Grippa also sell 'ordinary' tanks I'm told. An upright tank has a higher center of gravity but also has a smaller footprint.

Purefreedom have a very sturdy system based on a Wyedale tank which I see nothing wrong with. More importantly is the size of van to suit both your current and future needs. Most would recommend a medium size van with a good payload. We are talking Vivaro/Vito/Expert sizes along with the rebadged equivalent. (Expert/Dispatch/Scudo/Proace for example.) For me I'm happy with a Relay/Boxer/Ducato swb but I would have preferred a high roof MWB in these van for a little more 'elbow' room.

That size van also suits me as I can get 2 childrens car seats in the front. We have 2 grandchildren and I do the school delivery and collect runs on a Wednesday and on occassion other days when needed.

My son has an old Citroen Berlingo 800LX with a 500 liter upright tank. With that full he is close to the payload limit. If I climb in as well then he's over weight. So IMHO you need something with a payload of around 1100kgs minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 500 litre Grippatank system fitted in my 63 plate 850kg Peugeot Partner it's been really good for the past 18months I've been driving it.
Both van and system have been fine with no issues, it's the 1.6 diesel variant which has been known to be problematic, but I make sure it's properly serviced and looked after and it's more than capable fully loaded.
The system also came with a split charge relay and I've never had to charge the battery, most people on here charge every couple of days, but the battery is tucked away and I'm a bit lazy so if I get two years out of it I'll be happy. It's got external ports and takes 40 minutes to fill through the Double Di located in the van.
As long as you are going to be a one man band this van will be ideal, it however you employ get a bigger van now it'll save you cash and hassle down the line.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a vauxhall combo LWB.I find this is a great size van for one man.There cheap to buy and can hold a ton, fit poles in well and not to high to get ladders on and off.

Mine is coming up for sale shortly.It has a 400 grippamax delivery system in it.

I have a vauxhall combo LWB.I find this is a great size van for one man.There cheap to buy and can hold a ton, fit poles in well and not to high to get ladders on and off.

Mine is coming up for sale shortly.It has a 400 grippamax delivery system in it.
They are high if your only 5ft like me [emoji23], I find mine to be a great van I have the swb model and there is a good amount of space in the load area and good height, they ain't the best looking van but they are a great work-horse and good on fuel

County Durham Lad

Back