Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Poles Apart

Leave My Windows

Poles Apart

Doing the phone calls and sending out the texts a job I detest every night, told one customer I'm coming tomorrow she's told me to leave it if it's going to rain any time in the next week as it's pointless.

CHWS

I do feel bad doing houses before a storm . You really are only robbing them literally. I had houses yesterday all along the coast and they would be as bad as ever today 

Mcsandlaly

Feely the same but hey its a tough life and you have bills to pay..........sods law.

Incheck

Todays forecast was absolutely horrendous, there was supposed to be a day long deluge, lightning, thunder...all we really had was a wash out until 10am and its been pretty reasonable since. We’ve had the day off. I feel kind of comfortable because we are set for 50mph winds tonight, so if we had cleaned the windows today, the chances are they would get stinking again tonight.

Next week is looking much more favourable. Have gutters to do in the morning but more 40mph winds in the afternoon, dont fancy swinging ladders around in that so im hoping to hit and hide & be home by mid day, that’s the plan anyway

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Part Timer

I've got some 40' high windows to do on the sea front tomorrow, forecast 25mph winds and light rain. Wind is just manageable at that height, as long as there's no strong gusts, so should be a full day.

windowsurfer

Yip feel the guilt if its going to rain  never mind a storm coming, so annoying.

Incheck
Yip feel the guilt if its going to rain  never mind a storm coming, so annoying.

Ahh i’ve been out in many a monsoon mate. Rainwater helps, its pure. Wind is the issue, and lightning. I have often thought to myself in the past bloomin heck i should’ve gone out today but then i wake up in the morning after a gale, see that the windows are in tatters with crud all over them, and think yeaaaahh, many a customer would have been pretty peeved off at having their windows cleaned the day before. Especially at todays prices. I use a day off well, i changed the oil in the mower, did some paperwork, visited my nan and gramps, banked the cash & cheques. Makes me feel like i’ve been productive then even though it’s been incomeless.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

H and W
15 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I've got some 40' high windows to do on the sea front tomorrow, forecast 25mph winds and light rain. Wind is just manageable at that height, as long as there's no strong gusts, so should be a full day.

Hi @Part TimerWhat pole are you using at this height?

Philip Hardy

You have got to train em better, tell them from the beginning you work in the rain and water-filled pole wash works fine, warn them in a jovial manner that it affects the window cleaner more than the windows and they will be fine, offer them a "will do them again guarantee". if they are not satisfied ( I have never had to redo a window because of rain),

As for the cancellation because of "its gonna rain" then this one has to bee an X customer,they are no good and you will lose them eventually you cannot be dictated to by people like this, its always "gonna rain" sometime, somewhere in the UK, these types are a drain and you spend time, money and effort pleasing them until you and they part, make a start by dropping this one, you know it makes sense.