Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Poles Apart

Leave My Windows

Poles Apart
15 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I had a customer leav of compacte me a review tonight, she mentioned it in the review. Some of the older lads just do it the old school way. I can pretty much guarantee that most of them would just whip out a step ladder and climb a locked gate anyway. I might if a customer forgets, depends what mood i'm in. I'm sure I said it further up the thread already but if a cu that I textstomer doesn't want me there I don't wanna be there! Lads who have been going a long time have a solid rep behind them but I think anyone starting out who doesn't send reminder texts will set themselves at a disadvantage 

Spot on this, the amount of compacted work I have is diminishing as I prefer Internet enquiries, the fact that I am willing to come out to people means I can charge more, all of my work is on my Routes and a lot of customers have said they like it that I text.

Dave Shaw
Spot on this, the amount of compacted work I have is diminishing as I prefer Internet enquiries, the fact that I am willing to come out to people means I can charge more, all of my work is on my Routes and a lot of customers have said they like it that I text.

By diminishing do you mean they are cancelling on you and what do you class as compact. In my world compact means a days work for two all in walking distance at least.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Dave Shaw said:

By diminishing do you mean they are cancelling on you and what do you class as compact. In my world compact means a days work for two all in walking distance at least.

Agree with this. Two of us working today and my van moved 3 times, and I’m talking about 500-600 yards.

To be fair, I’ve been in this game many years now and it takes years to get it that compact.

Poles Apart
On 10/10/2018 at 16:20, Dave Shaw said:

The days of rows of houses in one road are dying I'm finding a lot are wanting one off cleans or telling you they want regular but really don't. 

Iron Giant

Most of my work now consists of compact work from 1 day up to 4 days on the same estates with multiple houses one after the other.

County Durham Lad

Eddie dragon

Interesting reading how others deal with this. I only text customers who lock there gates to leave it open. Prefer to just turn up an clean. I do get to a house with building work sometimes. Quick note in the door to say I called an of somewhere else. Had like all of us a reply to text. Leaeit this time please. First time I reply no problem. Things happen no worries. A star goes by the address. Next time. Hi Mrs x, no problem at all. Just a reminder that the price you were given was for 5 weekly cleaning. As explained we charge half as mutch again for ten weekly cleaning, and double that price for anything outside our standard maintenance service. Many thanks. Messrs go good riddance. Most honestly reply no problem I forgot that please clean as normal or please bill accordingly. Works for me anyway.