Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

swivel on hose real

Diamond geezer

I bought my first real (clover full of unbroken mini bore) from ebay £50 one year ago ,delighted! It had afresh coat of paint all over, and ive never had such a secure package through the post.The only dogey thing was the brass swivel connector,leaking all over the place. so I asked my bank maneger,he said ok so, bought a newun for what, a fiver. It were lovley wot wiv a new calibre conector, but now its leaking again(dare,nt tell bank maneger) What should I do Marge !!!! 

Yea so how long do thease swivels last please, also how long do the claibars last is there anything better?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks,but it looks just like the one ive got fitted. their universal aren't they,buy that imean their all the same, or do gardiner ones work better?

I don't know anything about them tbh. This is the only one we have ever used. Are they all made in the same factory and sold by different suppliers? I don't know.

You don't say where they are leaking from. They are sealed by means of 'rubber' O rings inside. If look inside you will see  a hex hollow 'bolt' which is the way of taking it apart and you can replace the O Rings inside. The one that gets damaged the most is the one on the Hoselok nipple. We replace those quite often as they can develop in nick in them when removing the hose connector under pressure. The other point of leaking is at the seal behind the thread. That rubber gasket is there the provide a seal between the hose reel's shaft and the coupler. It needs to be tight. For some reason windies love to put PTFE tap on the threads of the hose reel's shaft which is self defeating.

We have petal hose reels. I have found that a brass hose connector needs to be gently 'nipped up' using a pair of water pump pliers or similar just to give it a secure fit.

Latest Posts

Back