Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pulex rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Used a bit of pulex in my 14" wagtail the other day. Worked a dream straight away. Usually use razr red n think it has lost its quality a while back but still persevere with it. But now think might just use this instead.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I swapped the opposite from pulex to razr red for the same reason about 3 years ago. I have noticed a drop off in quality of the razr red a couple of months ago. I was hoping it was just a bad batch. I’ve tried loads of different rubbers over the years and when razr reds on its game it can’t be beaten.

I mainly use soft rubbers and had gone off razr red but had a few in my box to use up. It's now been on my 14" liquidator for two weeks and still going strong.  I too have found it hit and miss but when it does work it's great.  I use Ettore, Moerman's pre cut rip off rubber and razr red. 

Usually use razr red n think it has lost its quality a while back but still persevere with it
In what way do you think it's lost it's quality? I had a really annoying phase with it where it just irritated me so much for being jumpy etc i gave up.  I find it'll easily dry up if you go too far from the bulk of your 'soap mountain' to get a missed bit but for being hard wearing it's great.  Literally some of the ettore and moerman soft rubber i change every couple of days, where as a good bit of razr red and it's in ages!

The glide used to be amazing. And when i put a new piece in seems like there is couple of small soap lines on one side, which is unacceptable, the other side not as bad. Had this on a couple of batches. Just seems to happen to often to be a conincidence.

Just takes the confidence away from working n takes tbe pleasure away.

I see another company, maybe cleaning spot has yellow rubber. Maybe same idea as razr.

Totally agree with the drop off in razr red quality, its too hit and miss for me, can't rely on it anymore, leaves a lot of lines and drag marks even though I perfected my liquidator technique. The rubber just seems like its changed, not good enough

I’m the same. I used pulex the best part of twenty years without any issues. Then all of a sudden one side always left lines and just wasn’t nice to use and sometimes felt rough on the glass. The faulty side even felt rough if you glided your fingers across it. At first I thought it was a bad batch and maybe the cutting tool needed replacing or sharpening. The quality never got better so I found razr red. I could not believe how much better this stuff was although a little harder it was perfect in every way and even though a lot more expensive it lasted forever. Now the same thing is happening with the razr red and one side is ok and the other is leaving loads of lines which gets worse with the age of the rubber. Are there any lads on here that work for facelift. If so maybe they can tell us what’s going on? If the next batch is the same then I’ll finding another option.

Back