Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I Using My Window Cleaning Ladder Correctly?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't know the facts myself as don't use one but think idea is it can go almost anywhere, as long as it's stable that looks good to me mate.

that looks about right, yes the vertical groove go into the corner of the brickwork on the window sill.

if you can get the corner of the wall down lined up with the centre of the ladder it will be right, plus dont try to over reach to the other side, keep 3 points of contact onto the ladder, (one hand and both feet)

(sorry about this next bit)

and have someone footing the ladder at the bottom or some other ladder safety equipment to make sure that the ladder is level and doesn't slip while your up there.

that looks about right, if you can get the corner of the wall down lined up with the centre of the ladder it will be right, plus dont try to over reach to the other side, keep 3 points of contact onto the ladder

(sorry about this next bit)

and have someone footing the ladder at the bottom or some other ladder safety equipment to make sure that the ladder is level and doesn't slip while your up there.
Yeah what he said lol.

Do you think i can have it coming across the window more than in the photo? Or just make sure the rubber groove is in the corner of the brickwork? Does it it approach the window at 45 degrees?

Will be working alone so can't have anyone footing the bottom of the ladder, I do that these rubber mate though.

Do you think i can have it coming across the window more than in the photo? Or just make sure the rubber groove is in the corner of the brickwork? Does it it approach the window at 45 degrees?

Will be working alone so can't have anyone footing the bottom of the ladder, I do that these rubber mate though.
as long and the rubber grove is on the corner and when you are standing infront of the ladder read to go up, make sure that the corner of the wall lines up with the centre of the ladder then it is at its safest. yer about 45 degrees is about right.

yer sorry about the safety bit, just what the teach on the ladder safety training that i when on! lol yer the rubber mat is great, thats great on lawns to, stops the ladder sinkin in the lawn!

Can this type of ladder be used to reach the top parts of high to reach ground floor windows? In place of a step ladder?

When you say have the corner of the wall lined up with the centre of the ladder do you mean the top rungs of the ladder or all the rungs to the bottom?

Also when I extend the top half of the ladder, is the highest I should extend it to the third rung down ?

yer that will be fine to use, the 'A' frame part of the ladder comes away from the other part so you can carry and use only one section of it

just depends really, i would say just over half way, that way you will be able to reach all the window without climbing to far up the ladder

I am new to all this, what is the best way to assemble the ladder? I mean I take it off the car rack and below the widow I want to clean, but how do i extend it then push it up to the window sill? Do I lengthen it on the floor then walk under it until its in place? Also any tips to avoid breaking the window's glass lol

take off car, stand infront of ladder and lift it up one rung at a time until you get it to the hight you need, then rest it onto corner or wall. just keep an eye on the top of the ladder and try not to carry it about fully extended. when you have finished using the ladder, and doing low windows by standing on ground, either put it back on car or lay it down on floor. try not to leave it resting up against a wall!

if you look at the photo, it isn't at 45 degrees the brick edge isn't deep enough and the rubber bit with the vertical groove is stopped by the wooden sill, do i have to just settle for as far as it will go? And as the guy from Northampton said look down the ladder rungs to see that the ladder is in the middle of the brick corner?

Also, if you look the vertical groove isn't exactly in the middle of the brick corner, is this a problem?

View attachment 475

its just a matter of playing around abit moving the ladder very slightly forward or back, but not to much tho! or moving side to side, most places that you would put it is easy to sort out!

if you look at the photo, it isn't at 45 degrees the brick edge isn't deep enough and the rubber bit with the vertical groove is stopped by the wooden sill, do i have to just settle for as far as it will go? And as the guy from Northampton said look down the ladder rungs to see that the ladder is in the middle of the brick corner?

Also, if you look the vertical groove isn't exactly in the middle of the brick corner, is this a problem?
if the side brick edge isnt deep enough it will still be safe.

i would be happy climbing up that if you set it up like that!

Latest Posts

Back