Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan Jets or Pencil Jets for Lead Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t think it matters it’s a personal thing I never got on with fan jets so we use pencil jets for everything , I found them to be more accurate for rinsing where fans put water everywhere if you arnt careful, Ime sure some people will love them and say they are better than pencils why not get both and try them to see which you prefer they arnt that expensive to give it a go 

I don’t think it matters it’s a personal thing I never got on with fan jets so we use pencil jets for everything , I found them to be more accurate for rinsing where fans put water everywhere if you arnt careful, Ime sure some people will love them and say they are better than pencils why not get both and try them to see which you prefer they arnt that expensive to give it a go 
Ok thanks, I will probs stick with the pencil Jets.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use pencil keys as standard but for hydrophobic I find pencil keys do a better job. As said before it’s very personal, fit both to your brush and see what you like.

It is very much a personal choice as has been said.

Oddly when I first tried fans I hated them and went straight back to pencils. A few years later I tried fans again and for some reason took to them like a duck to water. About a month ago I popped a brush on with pencils in and really couldn’t get on with them. Not sure why but suspect it maybe because I rinse either on the glass or very close to it wereas years ago I used to rinse off the glass from several inches away.

It was similar with a swivel.

I am really started to get into fans, I too at first didn't like them.

After using them for a few months now, and checking the results I can see they do a perfectly good job if used right.

I switch between the extreme natural hybrids 10" and 14" all day, the 14" has 4 red fans and the 10" has 2 pencils. I love them both!

The small extreme with 2 black gardiner fans is awesome

I know this thread was about different types of jets and leaded glass but as brushes have inevitably been mentioned I will just say that I've been trialling the Dupont version of the natural hybrid Xtreme brush with black fans. I can say with confidence that it works very well on leaded glass. It is much softer (less agressive) on the lead than other brushes I've tried and cleans just as well if not better. I reckon you'd like it Dave. I hope Gardiners bring it to market as I would definitly buy another

I know this thread was about different types of jets and leaded glass but as brushes have inevitably been mentioned I will just say that I've been trialling the Dupont version of the natural hybrid Xtreme brush with black fans. I can say with confidence that it works very well on leaded glass. It is much softer (less agressive) on the lead than other brushes I've tried and cleans just as well if not better. I reckon you'd like it Dave. I hope Gardiners bring it to market as I would definitly buy another

Can you tell us the weight of your natural hybrid Xtreme brush? Thx m

Back