Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When does gutter clearance season start?

Hi guys

A few gutter clearance jobs have said leave it until the leaves have fallen(which I understand) others just want them done. I really want to push my gutter clearance service and wondered when peak time is for gutter jobs. I have one hungry skyvac,1500 leaflets and need to time my attack on the gutter world correctly. Any tips or experiences would be appreciated as its my first year in this game [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’m picking up 3-4 quotes a week at the moment. People want it now! The rain makes is a great time to advertise as you remind people their gutters are over flowing the risk of damage over time this can have on their property if it’s not sorted.

Get out there and advertise all over the place. I’m even thinking about the local paper in October/November!

I’m picking up 3-4 quotes a week at the moment. People want it now! The rain makes is a great time to advertise as you remind people their gutters are over flowing the risk of damage over time this can have on their property if it’s not sorted.

Get out there and advertise all over the place. I’m even thinking about the local paper in October/November!

Local paper is a good idea....I've been advertising on Facebook,leafletting houses that have hard to reach gutters guess I just need to continue and be patient and keep at it
1537866634018.jpeg

My local paper charges £238 for an almost quarter page ad including VAT for 4 weeks. Plus 10,000 impressions on their website.

Reaches about 35,000 people per week. So good potential. Always a good idea to get in touch with them to find out how much it’s going to cost you!

I’m thinking 2-3 jobs would easily pay that back! Anything more is a bonus. Gets my name out there a bit more too for window cleaning and other jobs!

My local paper charges £238 for an almost quarter page ad including VAT for 4 weeks. Plus 10,000 impressions on their website.

Reaches about 35,000 people per week. So good potential. Always a good idea to get in touch with them to find out how much it’s going to cost you!

I’m thinking 2-3 jobs would easily pay that back! Anything more is a bonus. Gets my name out there a bit more too for window cleaning and other jobs!

Impressive numbers...I'm going to call my local paper tomorrow and see if we can strike a deal

My busy time is November through March, invariably the November and March jobs are the same buildings as they are surrounded by very high trees and need doing twice a year. With the very dry summer and the recent very strong winds a lot of leaves have fallen early this year. 

We have regular repeat work every 3 months on some commercial jobs but for most domestics I would say September  to April is the busiest although we do jobs all year round 

Picked up 6 gutter jobs last week with the bad weather we had [emoji299]️
As long as it stays wet its all good but when you start going sub-zero it can be challenging.
A few times we’ve shown up and they’ve been frozen solid and have often had to wait until it rains or until it warms enough to thaw it out

i dont get involved in that sort of nonsense!

I am glad it's not you as you def would have remembered me as it went a bit nasty...although this was a few months back now

Picked up 6 gutter jobs last week with the bad weather we had [emoji299]️
As long as it stays wet its all good but when you start going sub-zero it can be challenging.
A few times we’ve shown up and they’ve been frozen solid and have often had to wait until it rains or until it warms enough to thaw it out

Thanks. Never considered cold weather as an issue until now. Rain seems to be perfect gutter canvassing weather [emoji106]

Just have to snap it out then, comes out in big lumps and you don't get dirty [emoji16]
Haha to be honest there was no way i was going to go through all of that, even if i had an ice pick. The One job had a blocked downpipe and ram packed gutters, one gutter was above a car port i couldnt even get to by hand, it needed a good vaccing. I left it 3 or 4 days until the temperatures picked up and went back to it & it was a piece of cake. It turned out to be a half an hour rather than a hell of a struggle with possibly no success [emoji51]

Haha to be honest there was no way i was going to go through all of that, even if i had an ice pick. The One job had a blocked downpipe and ram packed gutters, one gutter was above a car port i couldnt even get to by hand, it needed a good vaccing. I left it 3 or 4 days until the temperatures picked up and went back to it & it was a piece of cake. It turned out to be a half an hour rather than a hell of a struggle with possibly no success
emoji51.png

Trouble with me is that I have to go down south and do them so come hell or high water if I'm there I'm cleaning them out 

Trouble with me is that I have to go down south and do them so come hell or high water if I'm there I'm cleaning them out 
Yeah definitely, in those circumstances you can’t simply sling your hook and say “nah not today”
I’m fortunate not to be in that position as i don’t do any commercial work and i don’t have to travel long distances.

Back