Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use KIam KV80 3600wt gutter vac?

I've got one, powerful enough but mine always blocks on the inlet, especially damp leaves. The base lasted about 4 bumps. If you are capable of putting a side entry on it then probably a good buy 

I've got one, powerful enough but mine always blocks on the inlet, especially damp leaves. The base lasted about 4 bumps. If you are capable of putting a side entry on it then probably a good buy 
Just added side inlet on mine purchased from grippatank not a very hard conversion.using gasket around previous cut out mark with a felt tip pen and cut away area with snips and screw down inlet with self tapping screws

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just added side inlet on mine purchased from grippatank not a very hard conversion.using gasket around previous cut out mark with a felt tip pen and cut away area with snips and screw down inlet with self tapping screws

You don't know my handy man skills, or lack of them, just reading the above has made my  head go  :delusional:

I've got a Numatic twin 2400watt with a 32Litre wet capacity tank. What I did to stop the blockage inside the vac bucket was to hack saw off the plastic part which you would place a bag if you were using the vac for dry vacuuming. So I've created more space between the bucket inside wall and the motor wet-ball protector housing. It works much better now. 

I've got a Numatic twin 2400watt with a 32Litre wet capacity tank. What I did to stop the blockage inside the vac bucket was to hack saw off the plastic part which you would place a bag if you were using the vac for dry vacuuming. So I've created more space between the bucket inside wall and the motor wet-ball protector housing. It works much better now. 
I've just done that, last week, and going to give it a try out next week. Hope it works as if it doesn't it will mean I have to buy a knew vac

Hi @Part Timer It will work much better. We're always going to get a few blockages because wood branches etc but I'm satisfied now that that part is no longer a constant problem. What type of Vac are you using? The Numatic I'm using is built like a Tank; I've had to trail it over some very rough ground and it suffered no damage to the wheels or base. It doesn't have a drain pipe though and that is a problem when emptying it. 

Hi @Part Timer It will work much better. We're always going to get a few blockages because wood branches etc but I'm satisfied now that that part is no longer a constant problem. What type of Vac are you using? The Numatic I'm using is built like a Tank; I've had to trail it over some very rough ground and it suffered no damage to the wheels or base. It doesn't have a drain pipe though and that is a problem when emptying it. 
Same as the OP, Kiam, trouble is I'm still not convinced they are any where near as quick as ladders. I use an adapted WFP and Pro Gutter Tools. Obviously on higher gutters I Gutter Vac, on the few that actually have anything in. 

I know what you mean; on one job I was up a ladder with a Pro Gutter tool on an extension pole and a single carbon fibre pole attached to my Numatic via a 6.5 metre vacuum hose. That actually worked well as I positioned myself centrally and was able to clean a good width on both side of the ladder and I'd no heavy bucket filled with waste. It was quick and thorough. It's taking the time to survey each job and getting set up in a time saving way. @Part Timer How did you adapt the WFP? Do you use it to put water in the gutters or to clean the outside of the guttering? 

This weather is great for gutter cleaning with a vac just mush up there. Got through four houses yesterday morning and the only blockage was when I had 80 litres in the bin.. Side inlet does make a big difference for speed.

I know what you mean; on one job I was up a ladder with a Pro Gutter tool on an extension pole and a single carbon fibre pole attached to my Numatic via a 6.5 metre vacuum hose. That actually worked well as I positioned myself centrally and was able to clean a good width on both side of the ladder and I'd no heavy bucket filled with waste. It was quick and thorough. It's taking the time to survey each job and getting set up in a time saving way. @Part Timer How did you adapt the WFP? Do you use it to put water in the gutters or to clean the outside of the guttering? 
When I do gutters there are 2 of us, my ladder monkey and me. Put ladder above downpipe and use Pro Gutter Tools adapted with an Acme Thread Reach Around from Rutland Pumps. 

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/wfp-adaptors.html

Can do both sides in 5 minutes, trouble is the Management company I do a lot of work for have banned ladders, I have in my Method Statement that I only use ladders on blocked downpipes so need to find a very good Vac and pole. 

I should say I'm using the adapted WFP from the floor and dragging / pushing muck to my much appreciated, and well paid, ladder monkey [emoji39]
Now that's a skill of its own dragging or pushing muck inside a gutter from the ground with Pro tools ....something I'm still learning my attempts so far haven't been great and always end up getting up the ladder and using Pro tools from there to see what I'm doing [emoji23]

Now that's a skill of its own dragging or pushing muck inside a gutter from the ground with Pro tools ....something I'm still learning my attempts so far haven't been great and always end up getting up the ladder and using Pro tools from there to see what I'm doing [emoji23]

Tried pro tools from ground level and ended up climbing to get them out of gutter lol

Now that's a skill of its own dragging or pushing muck inside a gutter from the ground with Pro tools ....something I'm still learning my attempts so far haven't been great and always end up getting up the ladder and using Pro tools from there to see what I'm doing
emoji23.png

My ladder monkey is my eyes 

Hi @CM Cleaning Services I know what you mean. If there are internal cross members as with the newer aluminium type guttering then I'm always jamming up against them. And no matter how much I try there's always some muck/debris left underneath them. They are what we call in the trade; feckers! Lol
Ladders and small brush head and long handle 

Back