Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are these stains???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rh4000

What are these stains and how dose one get rid of them, used some Screwfix degreaser at a 10:1 ratio, sprayed, agitated, let soak for a minute or so then scrubbed again with the sill brush, lightened them slightly but didn't get rid of them at all? 

I know it's probably on here all the time but I need your expert advice. I'm guessing it's an Unger rub out kinda job? 

Thanks 

IMG_20180925_173146.jpg

Spider poop! If you see this on a frame and look directly above it there is usually a spider nest in the edge of the frame.

It's hard to remove fully but for me it is easy enough to remove 90% of it just with normal brushing with pure.

Maybe it's been left on for a while and stained?

Magic sponge should shift it. Unger rub out will definitely shift it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider poop! If you see this on a frame and look directly above it there is usually a spider nest in the edge of the frame.

It's hard to remove fully but for me it is easy enough to remove 90% of it just with normal brushing with pure.

Maybe it's been left on for a while and stained?

Magic sponge should shift it. Unger rub out will definitely shift it.
Spider poop, really... Huh, didn't know that, thanks. The windows were terrible for spiders and webs, never seen a house as bad as it so would explain the spider poop... A lot of effort getting the Unger rub out for a regular window clean, I use pure with the wfp and sill brush but I may get some magic sponges and try that with the pure and degreaser. 

Soak with pure, wash window, then scrub again, miggt need a cloth to speed cleaning, if on lower window i give them a scrub with the gardeners scraper white pad( i take it of scraper n use by hand)  if it leaves sny staining after that. Then thats that. Sun might bleach it out by the next time. 

Back