Jump to content
Carts69

What’s that smell?

Recommended Posts

Carts69

On route to doing a gutter vac job this morning & noticed a burning smell coming from the back of the van, after swiftly pulling over I was shocked to see one of my carbon fibre poles laying across the positive post of my lesuire battery, happily smoking away & has now melted a small indent in the bottom quarter of the pole, a lesson learned!

Share this post


Link to post
Nudel

Sorry, that's not shocking, that's just bad thinking on your part not to cover the battery poles and make it possible for anything to fall on it and short it.

 

Reminds me of that guy who used crocodile clamps on his battery and had it short out to his tank frame...

 

Please guys, be mindful of electricity.

Share this post


Link to post


Carts69
8 minutes ago, Nudel said:

Sorry, that's not shocking, that's just bad thinking on your part not to cover the battery poles and make it possible for anything to fall on it and short it.

 

Reminds me of that guy who used crocodile clamps on his battery and had it short out to his tank frame...

 

Please guys, be mindful of electricity.

As I said... lesson learned, I have just fitted covers on them now, let’s call it a wake up call, just thought I’d share my stupidity for those who like a read 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Nudel

We live and learn, thank you for sharing 🙂

Edited by Nudel

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, Carts69 said:

On route to doing a gutter vac job this morning & noticed a burning smell coming from the back of the van, after swiftly pulling over I was shocked to see one of my carbon fibre poles laying across the positive post of my lesuire battery, happily smoking away & has now melted a small indent in the bottom quarter of the pole, a lesson learned!

 

Another lesson learned, don't breathe in any carbon fibres, I was told in the fire service that they are worse than asbestos!

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
19 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Another lesson learned, don't breathe in any carbon fibres, I was told in the fire service that they are worse than asbestos!

Really? Didn’t know that, best I don’t make a habit of burning my tubes then 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
windowsurfer

Carbon fibre conducts electricity, thats why gardiners have insulated bottom sections.  I dont have a cover over my leisure battery, maybe should do this

Share this post


Link to post
Scots lad
Carbon fibre conducts electricity, thats why gardiners have insulated bottom sections.  I dont have a cover over my leisure battery, maybe should do this
My battery is in a box with a lid on it £15 off flea bay

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.