Jump to content
Carts69

Hot water through backpack?

Recommended Posts

Carts69

Every gutter wash I’ve done I’ve used cold water, I’ve got one booked for tomorrow morning and was wondering if a back pack will be ok with hand hot water in it,  no doubt a hot virosol wash will clean faster than a cold wash?

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck
Every gutter wash I’ve done I’ve used cold water, I’ve got one booked for tomorrow morning and was wondering if a back pack will be ok with hand hot water in it,  no doubt a hot virosol wash will clean faster than a cold wash?

Why not just fill a bucket with hot water & add your virosol. Then just dip the brush in [emoji106]


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
1 minute ago, Incheck said:


Why not just fill a bucket with hot water & add your virosol. Then just dip the brush in emoji106.png


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yea get your point but what hassle keep lowering the pole for every dip, I like a constant flow through the brush head but wondered if hand hot solution will be ok in the Backpack?

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck
Yea get your point but what hassle keep lowering the pole for every dip, I like a constant flow through the brush head but wondered if hand hot solution will be ok in the Backpack?

Yeah but then you’ve got to weigh up the time it takes running back and for to someones kitchen sink constantly to fill the backpack up. Not convenient especially if its raining traipsing all your mud through every 10 mins. I dont even use a backpack anymore. Wet down with the x-hoze, dip in bucket, scrub on, leave for a minute or so, another scrub, & rinse off with x-hose. Happy days and much less water used


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
3 minutes ago, Incheck said:


Yeah but then you’ve got to weigh up the time it takes running back and for to someones kitchen sink constantly to fill the backpack up. Not convenient especially if its raining traipsing all your mud through every 10 mins. I dont even use a backpack anymore. Wet down with the x-hoze, dip in bucket, scrub on, leave for a minute or so, another scrub, & rinse off with x-hose. Happy days and much less water used


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok, but my plan was to take a couple of 20 litre drums ready mixed with virosol & hot water, then keep the back pack filled with these, then wash down with customers water 

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck
Ok, but my plan was to take a couple of 20 litre drums ready mixed with virosol & hot water, then keep the back pack filled with these, then wash down with customers water 

Unless you’ve got an outside tap that runs hot water its a hell of a lot of agro running to and from your own kitchen sink dude. I also wonder how long it would stay hot especially on a cold winters day but whatever suits you dude if you’ve got a hassle free way of doing it then by all means, its your show [emoji4]


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
34 minutes ago, Incheck said:


Unless you’ve got an outside tap that runs hot water its a hell of a lot of agro running to and from your own kitchen sink dude. I also wonder how long it would stay hot especially on a cold winters day but whatever suits you dude if you’ve got a hassle free way of doing it then by all means, its your show emoji4.png


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I just wanted to do it like this tomorrow, the job is 10 minutes drive from home so water would stay hot, am I right in thinking that warm water would make the cleaning quicker or will cold be as effective?

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

I have sprayed hot water with Virosol with a hand spray to see the outcome. The dirt quickly begins to run and you need very little scrubbing. I would use hot water all day long when cleaning PVC but hard to get hold of, unless one has a water heater in van.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have sprayed hot water with Virosol with a hand spray to see the outcome. The dirt quickly begins to run and you need very little scrubbing. I would use hot water all day long when cleaning PVC but hard to get hold of, unless one has a water heater in van.

Thanks, that’s helpful to know, anything that reduces scrubbing has to be a bonus, now is just a case of finding out if a backpack will happily pump anything other than cold, don’t fancy risking damaging it for the sake of a gutter job?

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Should be okay unless you use boiling water and you don't need to put in a lot of degreaser. If I was doing it, all I would do is spray the whole area with the hot degreaser and switch off the backpack. Connect up to tap water and scrub a metre and then rinse then scrub another metre then rinse till I was finished, that's what I do. You need to clean the windows afterwards. If you use the same brush then rinse in a bucket of water before you clean them.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Should be okay unless you use boiling water and you don't need to put in a lot of degreaser. If I was doing it, all I would do is spray the whole area with the hot degreaser and switch off the backpack. Connect up to tap water and scrub a metre and then rinse then scrub another metre then rinse till I was finished, that's what I do. You need to clean the windows afterwards. If you use the same brush then rinse in a bucket of water before you clean them.

Sounds good to me, yea I’ve included the windows with the quote, so are you saying make a weaker virosol mix than I would have with cold water?

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 minute ago, Carts69 said:

Sounds good to me, yea I’ve included the windows with the quote, so are you saying make a weaker virosol mix than I would have with cold water?

 

Yes, first time I did it I had bubbles everywhere. Hot water must increase the reaction time with the dirt. I ended up spending all my time trying to rinse off the soapy bubbles. My brush is a flocked sill one and it holds in all the dirt so I have to rinse it in a bucket of water before I do the windows. Maybe 2 brushes is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
5 hours ago, Carts69 said:

Every gutter wash I’ve done I’ve used cold water, I’ve got one booked for tomorrow morning and was wondering if a back pack will be ok with hand hot water in it,  no doubt a hot virosol wash will clean faster than a cold wash?

 

 

Yes it will I’ll be fine we do it regularly with very hot water cannot put your hand in it it’s that hot 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

In my personal experience cleaning with hot water without chemicals is quicker, and gives better results, than cold water and chemicals. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.