Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger stingray?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jrlucas21cw

Recently bought a stingray to do the insides of two restaurants on a regular basis. I like the idea but seem to be struggling a bit, i have watched a few reviews and it looks easy enough but now and then it leaves shadows of the pad in the corners with a few smears as well so end up giving them a bit of a scrim to buff them up?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

May depend on what you are using with it, I used a unger pad with Screwfix no-nonsense glass cleaner on the interior of a glazed conservatory roof and found it very good

County Durham Lad

Depends where their kitchen is and how the tables are set up but restaurant windows simply get too dirty and stingrays just spread the grease around. They are only good for daily spot cleaning tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for the info!
Am i right in thinking that a good layer of the fluid is applied to the window and left to evaporate off?

Better off getting a step ladder and tradding them in all honesty in they are low-level windows, as mentioned above if the issue is potentially grease, you could be fighting a losing battle with the method you are using. 

Yes the pad wants to be very damp-sodden, change pads often! don’t need to use the 3m fluid can just use any glass cleaning fluid and spray it on the glass. Can come in useful for detailing the odd problem/hard to reach corners. Even though I don’t like it, I’m happy it’s in my arsenal of gear if ever I need it. Mines only the pad system that clips on the end of a trad pole.

Some office partitions on a weekly frequency (when they don’t really need cleaning) you could get away with alternating between squeegee and pad.

I only use my stingray for windows that are near impossible to reach trad, or in offices above computers and paperwork to avoid any drips.

Disappointing piece of kit to be honest.

Mine just broke actually, and I had it replaced under warranty. Anyone want me to disassemble it on video and have a look inside, and maybe try to repair it?

Thanks for the replies! I was a bit disappointed too for the price, but like you say its is useful for a few occasions but was hoping for more!

Yeah i gave up on it to be honest. Does get to the stage when you are just pushing around dirt on the glass, can be ok for certain things that won't be scrutinised but it's not the best. Very pricey and had to put adhesive on the plastic joints where it has cracked. I tried to like it and initially thought it was ok but now I wouldn't really recommend this piece of kit to anyone.

I have bad experience with Stingray.
I’ve been using Stingray fluid but it leaves smears and a lot of residue that is visible on certain angles.
Once i’ve cleaned a lot of windows in cloudy day and next day when sun comes out i got call that windows look pretty bad. And so they were. Had to trad all windows again.
IMG_6876.JPG

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Window Cleaning Forums

Yeh I bought the stingray about 2yrs ago. I’ve used it twice. Both times I that wasn’t impressed with it. It gets the worst off but I bought 4 pads with it. To do just a standard extension glass roof (which was way too high for a fold up A ladder) I felt like I needed 20+ pads or something. And it doesn’t matter how much I twisted & tweaked I couldn’t get right in the corners

Back