Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac hose idea...

Andyphoto1980

Thinking of building a gutter vac system for myself and considering getting carbon poles but had a idea to save money potentially. I noticed the weight of flexible hose is not that heavy, seems to be about 2.5kg for 10 meters. I was wondering if anyone has attached a hose to the top of a water fed pole with a gulper or similar attachment connected to the gooseneck. In theory it might work but maybe some of you guys have tried or can impart your knowledge to let me know if this is a good or dumb idea.

Cheers Andy.

That hose will collect muck in all the grooves until it weighs about a tonne.  You also need the strength of the gutter poles to break up the tough stuff and lever out roots, weeds and tiles etc.   

I recommend buying the carbon poles if you think you'll be using them quite often or the ally ones if only occasionally..

Thinking of building a gutter vac system for myself and considering getting carbon poles but had a idea to save money potentially. I noticed the weight of flexible hose is not that heavy, seems to be about 2.5kg for 10 meters. I was wondering if anyone has attached a hose to the top of a water fed pole with a gulper or similar attachment connected to the gooseneck. In theory it might work but maybe some of you guys have tried or can impart your knowledge to let me know if this is a good or dumb idea.

Cheers Andy.
I have one and it does get heavy, especially on the end of a 47' pole. It does however make it much easier to get the right height, not so easy with 6' sections.

Back