Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No more add ons

G

Wondering how many of you don’t do add ons? Gutters, Soffit and Fascias etc.

Only regular windows...

Or is the income too good to turn down?

Thanks

Wondering how many of you don’t do add ons? Gutters, Soffit and Fascias etc.

Only regular windows...

Or is the income too good to turn down?

Thanks
I fall some where in between, I do gutter emptying and Fsg's from about Easter until next week when I do my final gutter empty.
And that's pretty much it until next year.
To be honest I don't enjoy doing them conservatory roofs etc can be hard on the old body, but they provide a useful extra income during the summer months.
This is my favourite time of year now, when I just settle in solely cleaning windows without the extras.
Perhaps I'm showing my age. Lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Thanks

I’ve just decided to stop, as I’m on my own I have full time regular windows.

If I do add ons, I still have a few booked in, I fall behind on my round.

Starting to not enjoy the extras so decided to stop.

It’s nice knowing I’m only doing windows...

I kind of prefer ad-ons and well paying first/restoration cleans as i get a bit bored otherwise just doing windows. I do try and target easy ad-ons and know when to turn a job down usually if i’m out of my depth. The traffic congestion around here is a nightmare, and i find making the day pay on the windows is quite hard sometimes. Spend so much time driving around, in and out the van 2 dozen times a day. our rounds aren’t that compact even though i’ve organised them to the best of my ability. There’s so many window cleaners round our neck of the woods that we simply have to do ad-ons or we’d never make a living, so i’m always eager to jump on them. Some of the prices people charge for window cleaning around here are ridiculous an all, People doing £4 jobs and that [emoji849] which in this day & age is nothing. I’d understand if they were retired and just doing it for cash on the side of their pension in their own street or something, but i’m talking about businesses that are willing to work for it.
Agree with the comment about conservatory roofs, they’re a killer on the back, unless you make them pay it’s best to stay away [emoji51]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Stopped doing them altogether earlier this year, far to busy with windows and got a dodgy elbow I never really liked doing them anyway so just pass on any enquires I get. 

Have you guys sold up your ladders?

If I’m not doing gutters or traditional anymore why keep them?

Or keep just in case?

Have you guys sold up your ladders?
If I’m not doing gutters or traditional anymore why keep them?

Or keep just in case?
Sooner have em that not have em, never get rid of your tools. The day may come where you need them. Little things like outside security light on your own house maybe, you never know. I kept all my plumbing tools after i moved on to other things and over the years i’ve saved myself probably close to £1500 in call out fees i would have had to pay had i not kept my tools

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Got rid of my double extension ladder years ago. But got a telescopic ladder around 8 years ago for flat roof access, plus I use it to access my loft in the house and garage and used it to clean my own gutters out and pointed Ridge tiles yesterday, we live in a bungalow by the way [emoji16]

County Durham Lad

I have a double a frame that’s new I think are about £350. Thinking of selling these as I don’t do ladder work.

I have a treble set in the van for access.

And if I absolutely need them I have a big set of standard double extension ladders.

So think I might sell off the double a frames... [emoji848]

Back