Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
mufcglen

Which Gutter camera and monitor

mufcglen

Hi guys had a guttervac set up from gcs in past and found it great but didn’t quite do enough work to keep it in the van, now I have a bigger van I’ve decided to buy another kit from gcs that’s coming next week but I want a camera kit for checking the gutters over when I can’t throw the ladders up, I’m not interested in one of those go pro’s etc that connect to your phone, I want one of the wireless cams with a screen and ideally I want one of those tiny round cylinder cams too rather than the cctv looking type as I’ve had one of those in past and find they get banged about!

any ideas where I could get one of these any cheaper?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323259280418

Brian Mullan
Hi guys had a guttervac set up from gcs in past and found it great but didn’t quite do enough work to keep it in the van, now I have a bigger van I’ve decided to buy another kit from gcs that’s coming next week but I want a camera kit for checking the gutters over when I can’t throw the ladders up, I’m not interested in one of those go pro’s etc that connect to your phone, I want one of the wireless cams with a screen and ideally I want one of those tiny round cylinder cams too rather than the cctv looking type as I’ve had one of those in past and find they get banged about!
any ideas where I could get one of these any cheaper?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323259280418

That camera looks sturdy and small enough to not get in the way. How would you attach it to the pole end? Plumbers tape?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

windowsurfer

Think that sounds like a good price? 

What gutter vac did u get?  Im swithering between, maxblast 3000wt, kiam 3600wt n Issa 3600wt,  already got an 1800wt, but not powerful enough for turf in gutters at 30ft.

mufcglen
2 hours ago, Brian Mullan said:

That camera looks sturdy and small enough to not get in the way. How would you attach it to the pole end? Plumbers tape?

I’ll make a bracket to fix it to the head of the pole and then another for the base for the monitor!

2 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

What gutter vac did u get?  Im swithering between, maxblast 3000wt, kiam 3600wt n Issa 3600wt,  already got an 1800wt, but not powerful enough for turf in gutters at 30ft.

Im going the 1800w vac from gcs pal, my last one was a 1250w and it was strong enough to pull turf out the gutters last time but I found I had to break it up a little if it was a big foot long piece!

was gonna order a 3k vac but for a few jobs a month domestic the little thing will be bang on for me!

windowsurfer

Reason i want the bigger one is i have a community centre, basically an old church, gutter is 30-35ft high, big gutter. But it is pure thick turf, the gutter has the metal cross beams every foot n the 1800wt, barely touchef it. Was at it for about 45 mins n barely cleaned a few meters, gave up on the job, but want to try again.

THL4KEL
3 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

ISSA is the best easily. The wattage is not the most important factor to base your purchase on.

Brian Mullan
Reason i want the bigger one is i have a community centre, basically an old church, gutter is 30-35ft high, big gutter. But it is pure thick turf, the gutter has the metal cross beams every foot n the 1800wt, barely touchef it. Was at it for about 45 mins n barely cleaned a few meters, gave up on the job, but want to try again.

Hi, I'd the same happen to me on a big farmhouse this Friday with the same type of guttering on all four walls. I had to climb the ladder to it's full triple extension. The gap was narrow and I couldn't make any impression on the long turf with the GCS Pole Attachments. I was bricking it. I've most of the house finished with a seven hour ladder marathon. I need a sharp cutting attachment for my Pole set up. I've bought a Ladder M8rix, Ladder Top Grippers, Ladder Levellers, Scaffolders Safety Helmet and a Ladder Limb Hands Free Device. If I am going to have to climb the ladder to these heights or any height for that matter for these tougher jobs I'm going keep safety at the centre of my work. I'll have everything for restarting the job next Friday. I've got a lot of outbuildings gutters to do also. I priced it at £220 thinking that one good day would complete it. Ah well, **** happens and I've learned an awful lot about the limitations of a vacpole set up on these long tough turf filled gutters. And I'm delighted I didn't fall from the ladder.

Brian Mullan
Think thats why a gutter survey is key, if its to difficult just pass on it.

Hi Windowsufer, the back of the house was okay in that I could get my head and body up over the gutters to see what I was doing. The ground dropped at the front of the house and I could just about get my head at same the level as the gutter. One bay window guttering had so much turf in it I thought I was in the Day of the Triffids. I can joke about it now but let me tell you I was not a happy boy when I was up at that height pulling at turf that felt as it had been knitted into the gutter.