Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Gutter camera and monitor

mufcglen

Hi guys had a guttervac set up from gcs in past and found it great but didn’t quite do enough work to keep it in the van, now I have a bigger van I’ve decided to buy another kit from gcs that’s coming next week but I want a camera kit for checking the gutters over when I can’t throw the ladders up, I’m not interested in one of those go pro’s etc that connect to your phone, I want one of the wireless cams with a screen and ideally I want one of those tiny round cylinder cams too rather than the cctv looking type as I’ve had one of those in past and find they get banged about!

any ideas where I could get one of these any cheaper?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323259280418

Hi guys had a guttervac set up from gcs in past and found it great but didn’t quite do enough work to keep it in the van, now I have a bigger van I’ve decided to buy another kit from gcs that’s coming next week but I want a camera kit for checking the gutters over when I can’t throw the ladders up, I’m not interested in one of those go pro’s etc that connect to your phone, I want one of the wireless cams with a screen and ideally I want one of those tiny round cylinder cams too rather than the cctv looking type as I’ve had one of those in past and find they get banged about!
any ideas where I could get one of these any cheaper?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323259280418
That camera looks sturdy and small enough to not get in the way. How would you attach it to the pole end? Plumbers tape?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Think that sounds like a good price? 

What gutter vac did u get?  Im swithering between, maxblast 3000wt, kiam 3600wt n Issa 3600wt,  already got an 1800wt, but not powerful enough for turf in gutters at 30ft.

That camera looks sturdy and small enough to not get in the way. How would you attach it to the pole end? Plumbers tape?

I’ll make a bracket to fix it to the head of the pole and then another for the base for the monitor!

What gutter vac did u get?  Im swithering between, maxblast 3000wt, kiam 3600wt n Issa 3600wt,  already got an 1800wt, but not powerful enough for turf in gutters at 30ft.

Im going the 1800w vac from gcs pal, my last one was a 1250w and it was strong enough to pull turf out the gutters last time but I found I had to break it up a little if it was a big foot long piece!

was gonna order a 3k vac but for a few jobs a month domestic the little thing will be bang on for me!

Reason i want the bigger one is i have a community centre, basically an old church, gutter is 30-35ft high, big gutter. But it is pure thick turf, the gutter has the metal cross beams every foot n the 1800wt, barely touchef it. Was at it for about 45 mins n barely cleaned a few meters, gave up on the job, but want to try again.

ISSA is the best easily. The wattage is not the most important factor to base your purchase on.

Reason i want the bigger one is i have a community centre, basically an old church, gutter is 30-35ft high, big gutter. But it is pure thick turf, the gutter has the metal cross beams every foot n the 1800wt, barely touchef it. Was at it for about 45 mins n barely cleaned a few meters, gave up on the job, but want to try again.
Hi, I'd the same happen to me on a big farmhouse this Friday with the same type of guttering on all four walls. I had to climb the ladder to it's full triple extension. The gap was narrow and I couldn't make any impression on the long turf with the GCS Pole Attachments. I was bricking it. I've most of the house finished with a seven hour ladder marathon. I need a sharp cutting attachment for my Pole set up. I've bought a Ladder M8rix, Ladder Top Grippers, Ladder Levellers, Scaffolders Safety Helmet and a Ladder Limb Hands Free Device. If I am going to have to climb the ladder to these heights or any height for that matter for these tougher jobs I'm going keep safety at the centre of my work. I'll have everything for restarting the job next Friday. I've got a lot of outbuildings gutters to do also. I priced it at £220 thinking that one good day would complete it. Ah well, **** happens and I've learned an awful lot about the limitations of a vacpole set up on these long tough turf filled gutters. And I'm delighted I didn't fall from the ladder.

Think thats why a gutter survey is key, if its to difficult just pass on it.

Hi Windowsufer, the back of the house was okay in that I could get my head and body up over the gutters to see what I was doing. The ground dropped at the front of the house and I could just about get my head at same the level as the gutter. One bay window guttering had so much turf in it I thought I was in the Day of the Triffids. I can joke about it now but let me tell you I was not a happy boy when I was up at that height pulling at turf that felt as it had been knitted into the gutter.

Hi, I'd the same happen to me on a big farmhouse this Friday with the same type of guttering on all four walls. I had to climb the ladder to it's full triple extension. The gap was narrow and I couldn't make any impression on the long turf with the GCS Pole Attachments. I was bricking it. I've most of the house finished with a seven hour ladder marathon. I need a sharp cutting attachment for my Pole set up. I've bought a Ladder M8rix, Ladder Top Grippers, Ladder Levellers, Scaffolders Safety Helmet and a Ladder Limb Hands Free Device. If I am going to have to climb the ladder to these heights or any height for that matter for these tougher jobs I'm going keep safety at the centre of my work. I'll have everything for restarting the job next Friday. I've got a lot of outbuildings gutters to do also. I priced it at £220 thinking that one good day would complete it. Ah well, **** happens and I've learned an awful lot about the limitations of a vacpole set up on these long tough turf filled gutters. And I'm delighted I didn't fall from the ladder.

Have you got a gutter hook ? This job we did all from the ground using a gutter hook and vac , most jobs can be done from the ground , if it’s solid like concrete put water on the roof let it soak into the growth in the gutters it will soften it up and help it to come out realitively easily ,we only get the ladder out as a last resort probebly one job in 60 , I think the more you do the easier it becomes , four other window cleaners said that this job couldn’t be done from the ground it did take all morning to do both houses front and back but it was priced well so it didn’t matter , if there isn’t much gap it can be difficult but just use a crevice tool I make up most of my own vac end tools with solvent weld waist pipe works a treat and cheap as chips 

9D212CD2-9046-4C50-B7CE-1ECC10A824D0.jpeg

F6674E12-EF25-4FD6-A4CA-56DF87291E36.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it rains it will be wet, i have a gardiners gutter tool that you can wet it. I had tried using it to loosen the turf, but pole is far to flimsy to do anything at 30+ foot.

Nice pics, yes i tried using the weedhook, bit like trying to dig the garden with a fork 30 ft away.

When using the gutter hook use a pole thats that’s a lot longer than you need and don’t extend the top one or two sections you will find it’s far more rigid and will remove just about anything in a gutter evan at 45 feet especially if you wet it down first 

If you dont soak it with water you wont get it out.. I just use a SLX with the sill brush/fan jets. Just keep pumping water onto what you need to remove.. Weather has gone a bit bad lately but its still drying out if its clear. You need to put water up there. It will all come out if you do that.

Gardiners gutter tool only fires one jet of water, fan jets off a brush are a lot better

Someone earlier mentioned a "ladder hands free limb device" and I had never heard of it. looked it up and something I have always needed and will be getting one or two. Handy for holding a bucket when up cleaning gutters. Although I have my focus on a 3600 watt vac I may never need it but handy to have. Wish I came across it years ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CBUO6QQ/ref=asc_df_B00CBUO6QQ55919768/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B00CBUO6QQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=232020729251&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14429642747630167659&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007301&hvtargid=pla-355104880954

I had a job Friday on a semi, probably hadnt been cleaned for ten years. Loads of grass growing... I thought here we go might have to soak it... Anyway there was still moisture in it.. Took me about twenty five mins, 3600 watt vac sucked it all up easy ? nice easy cash.. Nice way to end the week.

Are soaking the heavy turf with water or trying to vac it dry? 

Hi THL4KEL
It was dry vac. It was a dry day and the gutters were fairly dry with little water in the vacuum. It was my first job with a 2400 Watt twin motor Numatic 32 Litre which kept blocking. I hacksawed the plastic end off inside the drum and sorted the blockage. The connection between my hose and poles wasn't good and I've sorted that now. The transoms that run across the inside of the gutter every 18-24 inches are a royal pain in the derriere. Should I flood the gutters? I'll need to get or make better Pole tools for breaking or cutting turf. If you can advise any I'd be grateful.

Have you got a gutter hook ? This job we did all from the ground using a gutter hook and vac , most jobs can be done from the ground , if it’s solid like concrete put water on the roof let it soak into the growth in the gutters it will soften it up and help it to come out realitively easily ,we only get the ladder out as a last resort probebly one job in 60 , I think the more you do the easier it becomes , four other window cleaners said that this job couldn’t be done from the ground it did take all morning to do both houses front and back but it was priced well so it didn’t matter , if there isn’t much gap it can be difficult but just use a crevice tool I make up most of my own vac end tools with solvent weld waist pipe works a treat and cheap as chips 

View attachment 14915

View attachment 14916
PJJ do you use hot or cold water when you soak it? I use cold and I was was thinking hot water would speed the process up of soaking it?

Hi Pjj

I bought the GCS 40ft CF pole set up with a gutter hook attachment but with the turf having knitted itself around internal crossbeams it wouldn't shift. I didn't think to wet it though. When I got up on the ladder in one roof corner there was a sturdy growth of turf on the roof (Lead Flashing above Bay Window part) above the turf filled guttering which I had to manhandle off with some force. It was well rooted into the down pipe also. That's where I stopped work on the job as I was well and truly cream crackered around 4.30pm. I've got 80% of the house cleaned out to a good standard. Back next Friday to get stuck in again. I'll take photos of the house etc and post it here. 

Back