Jones

How long to trad a ...

Jones

Newbie here started about 5 months ago only have a small round whilst working my full time job atm.I normally trad all my houses most 3/4 bedrooms which usually takes me between 40mins to 1 hour to do but recently brought a wfp back pack & i know most of you disagree but I find wfp the tops then trad the bottoms has made a massive difference to my time it’s basically half it which I’m pleased with. Was just wondering how long it takes you trad guys to do a 3/4 bedroom house?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

scottish cleaning service

I take 20mins with the ladder and stool but I could get it down to 15mins if I wanted to. £10 for 20mins means £30 an hour which isn't bad for me.

Jones

Yeh that’s great I’m sure il speed up the more I do it, just takes me while to set ladder up adjust then move for each windows hence the purchase of the backpack but I still enjoy trading that’s why I only wfp the tops

Dave B

To trad a 3 bed terrace would take under 10 minutes for me

27 years practice though lol

trad windie

Once you've been doing the same houses for years you know exactly where the ladder goes and at what height without even thinking about it.

mike007

You may wfp the fronts,then trad the bottoms and repeat same on rear, or you may wfp all the tops then trad all the bottoms. Just 2 combinations that will make a difference on time perhaps?.

Depends on the property you are working plus experience of doing said property.

Also remember the time is not just doing the actual property. It is also the speed and efficiency of getting your gear in and out of your vehicle to do the job!!!!!!

scottish cleaning service
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:42, Jones said:

Yeh that’s great I’m sure il speed up the more I do it, just takes me while to set ladder up adjust then move for each windows hence the purchase of the backpack but I still enjoy trading that’s why I only wfp the tops

The biggest difference I have noticed is when I bought the liquidator channel. Fitted the contour pro plus handle and it saved me detailing. This I believe saves the most time because all you have to do is wipe the sill and maybe the frame.

Dane

As said above it becomes second nature on the ladder and you fly through them knowing how to set up.... and yes wfp is the next step to helping with speed as it sounds like you’re finding. Keep going and you’ll soon be flying through them like everyone else (and maintaining a standard)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums