Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where has the app gone

P4dstar

Premium Member
Got myself one of those new iPhone XS efforts but it won’t find or install the forum app I had on my old phone. When I first loaded the phone from a backup it was there but when I clicked to open it I was told it needed an update. Then it said it wasn’t available in my country and disappeared. Anyone had the same problem? @Gav any ideas?

Hmm not heard of this issue before mind you I doubt that many have the XS. I expect the app is not compatible or something unless you have your country set wrong or something.

I will have to get hold of Tapatalk to see if there is an issue or an update needed. 

Are you able to installed the standard Tapatalk app? If not then it is likely that and our app need updating. 

Well.... Tapatalk seems to be available. There’s more to the story though.

I had an iPhone 8 Plus, a few days ago a mate of mine who works in a phone shop switched my year old one for a brand new one as I had a fault with the speaker. When I set it up with IOS12 the window cleaning forum app disappeared as above. When I searched for it on the App Store it didn’t appear so I thought I would wait for the XS and see what happened. Same problem again.

I’ve just gone into the App Store, searched my account and found it. It’s allowed me to install it but it doesn’t look like it usually does. I think it’s the old colour scheme (unless you’ve updated it in the last few days)IMG_0021.PNG

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

IMG_0022.PNG

It still didn’t appear in the search on the App Store though. Only in my previous apps

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Trouble with being a flash git ?, apple takes a whole load longer to approve apps and new features or updates/upgrades of functionality, were as android os is a much more straightforward process in the comparison

County Durham Lad

Nope that's the old one and by the looks of it it's possibly downloading from iCloud i.e the stored old version on your account. 

Nope that's the old one and by the looks of it it's possibly downloading from iCloud i.e the stored old version on your account. 
Yeah that’s the only way it would let me do it. It literally didn’t exist on the App Store for my phone. I think as the issue happened on my 8plus too that it’s an IOS 12 issue not an issue with the actual phone

Trouble with being a flash git ?, apple takes a whole load longer to approve apps and new features or updates/upgrades of functionality, were as android os is a much more straightforward process in the comparison

County Durham Lad
Business expense I reckon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah it is possible it might be that the app is not updated for the new iphone notches as well. I will check in with Tapatalk and see but they are pretty rubbish with updates tbh

Back