Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finally got my pole holders finished

Looks good.

Although, and just my opinion, I don’t understand why everyone is obsessed with using tubes.

On every van I’ve had, I’ve put shelf holders on the bulkhead, then screwed a length of wood (about the thickness of garden trellis) across the brackets.

On top of this I glue anti slip rubber matting.

I put another length across the width of the van at the same height and roughly across where the back wheel covers are, and job done.

The poles hardly ever drop off and you can fit across as many poles as you like.

Total cost, around £12.

Iv’e used this system on 4 vans now.

Just my input ?

I’ve screwed the things you use to hang your coats/hats etc on onto the horizontal lengths so the poles can’t go anywhere and never clank into each other. If you zoom in you can just see them.

As I’ve said, I’ve used this system on different vans for over ten years and it’s been bulletproof, plus it’s near the top of the roof so doesn’t take up much space ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did exactly the same thing I found the bigger poles wouldn’t fit in normal size down pipes I have just measured them and they are 78 mm internal diameter , I think standard size might be 68 mm ?. 
Standard is 68mm for domestic jobs

110mm for industrial type jobs 

Where did you find the 78mm?

Back