Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s better than nothing but in the eyes of the law no , you should have fixed points on the ground front and back of the property with alpine butterfly knots at the ridge and use full fall arrest equipment to prevent you coming off the roof , best thing to do is get some training if you are going to do it , the idear of attaching to a roof ladder not being acceptable is due to the shock loading on the hook at the top of the ladder should you fall , also it’s quite possible for the roof ladder and you to end up on the ground in the event of a fall as it pulls the ladder sideways and the hook comes off the ridge , we used to do this in the Fireservice but are no longer allowed to due to what I have just said , rigging up a rope system on your own is not advisable as if you do fall you cannot get yourself out of a suspension situation , you are supposed to have systems in place as to how you will get somone down should they be suspended at height all this is put in a risk assessment to be honest it’s not a job you can do without several people being there and trained how to do it , working at height safely is becoming a difficult thing to do to keep the hse happy in the event of an accident 

Thanks will probably use a tower and Marshall scraper,plus get on a course any you could recommend
Thanks again pottsy

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks will probably use a tower and Marshall scraper,plus get on a course any you could recommend
Thanks again pottsy

Ime in the lucky position of being in the Fireservice so all the training is done through them and doesn’t cost me anything, scaffold towers are very useful to overcome a lot of theses issues we hire them when needed as it saves so much hassle and you are working off a safe platform rather than on a roof . If it wasn’t for the fact that they are so big I would buy one but , I just add the hire cost on to the job price and get it delivered to site saves a lot of hassle and man handling in and out of a van 

Thanks pjj that’s probably the way I will go plus my girlfriend will not get so stressed about roof work [emoji106]

Back