Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter sucker

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dane

Has anyone got one and are they a good make / brand? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yes & no. 

Yes - I don’t need to go up the ladder - unless the top section comes off as you’re working it ? then U need to get up there to get it. 

It’s not as easy as it looks either.  It’s not a matter of just walking along to be all sucked uP. I definitely think I could do it quicker from a ladder,  so if it’s houses that’s what I do .

The biggest pain in the backside is clearing up afterwards.  I charger extra to £40 for when I get back home !! It’s a mission to keep clean & in tip-top condition as I like to keep things. 

Personally, I’m either window cleaning for the day or guttering cleaning not both. 

Im happy with my one. It’s The Gutter Vac. Google them. 

Have a look at this thread...

Cheapest way of getting a gutter vac system. They are decent but you can certainly do a better job up a ladder. You will experience blockages that slow you down, particularly in summer when the moss is dry. At this time of year i'm finding the wet sediment building up in the poles and the nozzles is the biggest issue. 

As @Clearview Lee says, there is a lot of cleaning up when you get home so factor that into each job. Good money in it though!

Thanks for the replies guys... I’ve seen a system named “gutter sucker” and just wasn’t sure if it was a good brand or not... any tips on what to look out for when buying one.

Thanks
Dane

Which gutter sucker Dane put a link there's a few different models.
66cf66ba580db27c440078b20353043a.jpg

Dane check sellers feedback that seems way to cheap..

Actually I see it's buy it now.. That will be a grand before it ends..

Dane check sellers feedback that seems way to cheap..
Actually I see it's buy it now.. That will be a grand before it ends..

Yeah it seemed like a good deal, it was on £250 when I first saw it. Somethings are too good to be true [emoji23].. thanks for feedback.

Can I ask while you’re here what I should look out for when purchasing? Brand wise, wattage? I did see an aquafed 3000 being used by someone who said it was a great bit of kit.

Thanks
Dane

Companies just put them on low and run them up of a second account. They will never give them away for cheap. 

How much is your budget? 

Companies just put them on low and run them up of a second account. They will never give them away for cheap. 

How much is your budget? 

From what I’ve seen on eBay through some buy it now’a then I was thinking £800 but maybe I’m being unrealistic at the minute?

Thanks
Dane

Should be fine with that get the max blast vacuum of eBay. Thinks its £200. Poles if you want to keep it cheap search on eBay for 40foot flag poles. 

I was going to use my maxblast to clear an old cast iron drainpipe yesterday but I decided against it. The old chap at the church said it had been blocked for sixty years. I attacked it with my drainrods and found it took 3 rods, so 3 meters of blockage. The stuff inside was jet black, any longer and it would have turned into oil.

I was going to use my maxblast to clear an old cast iron drainpipe yesterday but I decided against it. The old chap at the church said it had been blocked for sixty years. I attacked it with my drainrods and found it took 3 rods, so 3 meters of blockage. The stuff inside was jet black, any longer and it would have turned into oil.

I’ve had a look at the max blast, never knew it was an option! How do you find them on the whole, I’m not naive enough to think I’ll never need a ladder again for some gutters but over all do they get the job done?

Thanks
Dane

Latest Posts

Back